Fodor's Travel Talk Forums

Fodor's Travel Talk Forums (https://www.fodors.com/community/)
-   United States (https://www.fodors.com/community/united-states/)
-   -   Visiting Boston (https://www.fodors.com/community/united-states/visiting-boston-678042/)

steph621 Feb 8th, 2007 03:08 PM

Visiting Boston

I would like to visit Boston this summer, but have been told that it is cheaper to stay outside the city and take the T in every day. What cities should I look for hotels in? Any recommendations of decent hotels that either offer shuttles to the T or are near a station?

seetheworld Feb 8th, 2007 03:17 PM

steph, what's your hotel budget?

steph621 Feb 8th, 2007 03:19 PM

Outside of Boston, no more than $125. Preferably lower than $100, but I realize that I am probably dreaming.

wyatt92 Feb 8th, 2007 04:18 PM

Honestly, it's best to stay in town. Try Priceline, I'm sure you can get something nice for $125.

TKT Feb 8th, 2007 05:08 PM

If you are by yourself, use priceline
or other discount sites. What number of people are on the trip?

escargot Feb 8th, 2007 08:32 PM

I agree it is best to stay in the city if you can.
If you can't find something in your budget, you may want to see if the Newbury Street Guest House has something in your price range, it is in a good location for walking and to the T -

there is also the College Club of Boston, I think the private rooms are higher than your price range, but if you are traveling w/ someone maybe the shared bath rooms would be within it -

there is a place I have heard of in the North End, I have not stayed there or no anyone who has, but it seems to keep popping up on my radar and it is La cappella Suites in the North end and is around 125 I believe.

There is a Best Western Adams Inn in Quincy, about ten minutes out of the city. I know they offer free shuttle service to and from Logan and to the nearby T station, maybe you can google it and find out some rates/info but I think it is in your price range.
I know some families who have stayed there and business people when in town for something at the nearby Expo center -

I don't know your age, but there is a 'hostel' - shared baths, simple rooms, at the Berkeley residence (ywca) on Berkeley St, you can look into that if you would stay in a hostel type place - it is around 50/60 a night I believe.

tovarich Feb 9th, 2007 02:54 AM

Try the Chandler hotel.Paul

traveler24 Feb 9th, 2007 12:08 PM

check johnjefferieshouse.com
single room is $105 -until Mar 31st then $ 135--single bed, refrig. microwave--at foot of BeaconHill
simple breakfast items in lobby. very clean and upto date. Formerly Nurses residence for Mass. Gen (across street)
Right out the door is "T" stop ,Right by river with great walking--there is a crossover the highway..Also with in 2-3 blocks is litle store, gourmet restaurants and bakeries. I have stayed there 2 times and I loved it...

christy1 Feb 9th, 2007 02:32 PM

Look at Hotwire. We got a very nice hotel for $99 in May through them.