Virginia Beach Winter Rentals OR Rehoboth, DE

Search

Search this Thread

Old Sep 13th, 2009, 02:41 PM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Selling home and need a place to stay for November, December and January. Does anyone had any suggetions on beach front or near beach or ANY properties in VA Beach or in the Rehoboth DE area or good real estate agency to deal with? Do not need anything fancy, but clean and nice and sleeps at least 4.

Thanks to all.
Berea
Old Oct 18th, 2009, 06:04 AM

Well, I don't know if you've already chosen, and I don't know about properties, but I would choose Rehoboth DE over VA Beach. The beach is nicer and it has more of a "small town" feel. I think you could be entertained, even in the winter, within the general Rehoboth area. Whereas, in VA Beach there is not much to do near the beach in the winter and you will have to drive a lot. (I have only been to Rehoboth in the summer on vacation but know people who like it there in the winter. I live in VA Beach but haven't experienced a full winter here yet, so take all that with a grain of salt!)
Old Oct 18th, 2009, 02:28 PM

Personally I prefer Rehoboth to Virginia Beach during the summer, but as far as the winter goes, I imagine there is more to do in the area around Virginia Beach because of Norfolk and Hampton Roads, an urban area that is very close to Va. Beach. You'd also be within easy striking distance of Williamsburg and Richmond.

So it depends what you are looking for during your 3 month stay. I would still opt for Rehoboth because I love it (and the nearby small town of Lewes). You can be in DC in under 3 hours and in Annapolis in a little over 2.
Old Oct 30th, 2009, 07:19 PM

For winter, Rehoboth Beach can be dead. Many shops and restaurants close their doors and you can get some blistering winter winds in that location. It is a tough time to be there.

You are better off in Virginia Beach. It will be nicer and a bit more lively in those winter months. I agree that Rehoboth would be better for summer... but not for winter.
Old Oct 31st, 2009, 09:40 AM

Received 7 Likes on 3 Posts
Virginia Beach is the largest city in Virginia. There are, most definitely, things to do there in the winter.
Old Apr 21st, 2011, 08:00 PM

Rehoboth Beach is way better than VA Beaches! I suggest http://www.finddelawarehomes.com
Old Apr 22nd, 2011, 05:37 AM

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Whereas I disagree that "the beach is better" in Rehoboth (narrower, more restrictive, shorter boardwalk, etc.) you might try the Anderson-Stokes or Jack Lingo websites for possible rentals there