Fodor's Travel Talk Forums

Fodor's Travel Talk Forums (https://www.fodors.com/community/)
-   United States (https://www.fodors.com/community/united-states/)
-   -   victoria bc ,lodging? (https://www.fodors.com/community/united-states/victoria-bc-lodging-22948/)

marstan Mar 11th, 1998 04:12 PM

victoria bc ,lodging?

HELP! Need to find a good value but cute,clean and a good location in Victoria BC for Only 2 days. I have failed in my net search....can anyone help?????? M

Kat Mar 11th, 1998 04:34 PM

Perhaps the best value in Victoria is the OAK BAY BEACH HOTEL. Reasonable, delightfully quaint, lovely, directly on the bay, gorgeous views and good service. Check it out at this URL: http://www.oakbaybeachhotel.bc.ca/

Judy Mar 11th, 1998 05:07 PM

We were there last August. BEATUTIFUL!! There really is no 'bad" lodging there. Very clean, safe, area. The waterfront is so lovely and the parliment building is lit at night and is quite breathtaking. We stayed at the STRATHCONA,. An old hotel, centrally located, and very reasonably priced. We had a two bedroom suite (top floor is a must due to clubs and dancing on floors below). There is a nice outdoor restaurant on the roof of the second floor, and the STICKY WICKET PUB is connected to the hotel. There were so many hotels, and they all were neat, clean and safe. Of course, the EMPRESS Hotel is legendary and very beautiful!! There is an accomodations guide you can receive with all of the listings. Phone the visitor's bureau there. (BARBS on the waterfront has the best, local, fish and chips. It's more of an outside grill. We took a water ferry there and had a great outside lunch on a rainy day.)

Judy Mar 11th, 1998 05:10 PM

We were there last August. BEATUTIFUL!! There really is no 'bad" lodging there. Very clean, safe, area. The waterfront is so lovely and the parliment building is lit at night and is quite breathtaking. We stayed at the STRATHCONA,. An old hotel, centrally located, and very reasonably priced. We had a two bedroom suite (top floor is a must due to clubs and dancing on floors below). There is a nice outdoor restaurant on the roof of the second floor, and the STICKY WICKET PUB is connected to the hotel. There were so many hotels, and they all were neat, clean and safe. Of course, the EMPRESS Hotel is legendary and very beautiful!! There is an accomodations guide you can receive with all of the listings. Phone the visitor's bureau there. (BARBS on the waterfront has the best, local, fish and chips. It's more of an outside grill. We took a water ferry there and had a great outside lunch on a rainy day.) The china shops are a must!

Val Mar 11th, 1998 06:38 PM

Hi,
You might want to try the Days Inn chain.They have one right on the waterfront near everything.1-800-daysinn There is also a Quality Inn 1-800-424-6423.If you are looking for a clean cheap motel near everything try Admiral Motel at 1-250-388-6267.If you have any questions feel free to email us.We live there.

marcia Mar 29th, 1998 07:21 PM

We have stayed at the Admiral Motel in Victoria. It's a half block from ferry and waterfront attractions. It was very clean and roomy, and I would recommend it for its reasonable price.

bob brown Apr 7th, 1998 11:34 AM

My wife and I stayed at a B and B on the Pat Bay Highway. I believe it was called Elk Lake B and b.
we had a private room with private bath. Very
comfortable bed. Nice people ran it two years ago, as I recall Gil and Pam were the names.
She was of Welch descent; Gil was British South African. If you go, you must see Butchart Gardens.

Judy Apr 9th, 1998 08:17 AM

We stayed at the Bedford Inn. It has rooms that face the harbor. It is very British. Coffee in the morning and tea in the afternoon are delivered to your room. It also included a complementary breakfast. The Bedford Inn is quaint and probably the most romantic place I've ever stayed.

Carol Apr 9th, 1998 09:44 PM

I'm going the second week in May and have a wonderful "package" deal at The Gatsby Manor - seems like a lovely B&B near the Inner Harbor. We have a room with two double beds, private bath and view of the garden for three nights; three full breakfasts; dinner one night; horse drawn carriage ride around the city; limo and tour of the castle (can't remember the name); and tickets to the museum for $349 Canadian which is about $245 US dollars! I have the web address at work but will send it to you tomorrow - or look under Victoria Canada BC and see if you can come up with it. They have some connection to the Ramada Huntington with also offers good packages. I was even able to find really good airfares on the web from San Francisco to Vancouver - American Airlines. You can call and book direct with AA. A fellow on the net from Victoria has been a big help and has told me about a bus from the airport in Vancouver to the ferry and then on down town Victoria. If you like e-mail me and I'd be glad to share any info I have - I've had a ball planning this trip!

pat Apr 11th, 1998 07:47 PM

Another vote for the Oak Bay Beach Hotel!

Robert Siller Apr 14th, 1998 07:23 PM

Stayed last Sep at Steamers Pub and Hotel. A historic bldg with only six guest rooms -- smallest hotel in Victoria. It is in midst of downtown, convenient walking to nearly everything; and very reasonably priced at $69 per night. Not fancy, but very clean, no views, no cover charge for pub entertainment!

Robert Siller Apr 14th, 1998 07:28 PM

Stayed last Sep at Steamers Pub and Hotel. A historic bldg with only six guest rooms -- smallest hotel in Victoria. It is in midst of downtown, convenient walking to nearly everything; and very reasonably priced at $69 per night. Negatives: Not fancy, but very clean, no views, no elevator, no room service, and best to check in with bartender to register before evening gets rocking. Positives: quiet, even with live entertainment, very secure, no cover charge and preferred seating for pub entertainment! Reservations available thru InfoCentre across street from Empress Hotel.