Vermont in July with little kids

May 3rd, 2018, 03:24 AM
Original Poster

Vermont in July with little kids

Iím looking for easy hiking trails (a big plus if there are spots to swim) to be done while baby wearing a 6 month old and walking with a 3 year old along with my husband in July near Stowe VT. I would love something like Bingham Falls but some have posted that it is too difficult with little ones.
Additionally, if anyone has other ideas about how to spend some time getting close to nature in the area, I would love to hear them! Thanks!
May 3rd, 2018, 05:22 AM

You'll probably get more more responses if you re-pot your question on the US Forum (use the "Change Forum" link at the top right of this thread).
May 3rd, 2018, 05:38 AM
Forum Moderator

Moved to US board.
May 3rd, 2018, 08:22 AM
Original Poster

Thank you!
May 4th, 2018, 01:11 PM
bm

Moss Glen Falls just north of town off Randolph Road is really easy. Should be no problem while babywearing.
May 5th, 2018, 07:11 AM

Originally Posted by margee View Post
Iím looking for easy hiking trails (a big plus if there are spots to swim) to be done while baby wearing a 6 month old and walking with a 3 year old along with my husband in July near Stowe VT. I would love something like Bingham Falls but some have posted that it is too difficult with little ones.
Additionally, if anyone has other ideas about how to spend some time getting close to nature in the area, I would love to hear them! Thanks!
Sorry, haven't been to Stowe in years but I see the Stowe Free Library gets rave reviews. Check to see if they have summer story times and check bulletin board for local activities. Here in NH we host an annual summer party and the little ones enjoy being able to crawl around on the grass and have some kind of water play. Even if it's just a dish pan with some water and plastic toys, kids love it. Go prepared with sand toys. In our area ice cream stands tend to be family destinations so some have small playgrounds (one has a giant sand pile with toy trucks). Google to find pick your own farms. It might be too late for strawberries but blueberries should be in season. You can pick just enough for snacking, mixed with local yogurt or ? Bring picnic supplies and a small cooler with you.

Search this Thread