Looking for a quaint Miami hotel/motel

Search

Search this Thread

Old Nov 11th, 2006, 06:37 AM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I'm looking for suggestions to find a hotel in Miami for three days between Christmas and New Years. Something nice and not too expensive. It doesn't have to be on the beach or have a pool. Just a small funky little "Florida" style hotel/motel. Any ideas would be much appreciated. Thanks.

P.S. Is it possible to just drive around and find a hotel with a vacancy sign or should I book ahead.
Old Nov 11th, 2006, 06:53 AM

At that time of year (high season) I would book ahead. You may also have a problem finding something for 3 days during that period. Some places will have minimum stays. Have not stayed here but this looks like what you want.
http://www.tripadvisor.com/Hotel_Rev...h_Florida.html
Old Nov 12th, 2006, 05:16 AM

Look at Miami River Inn. It's an historic property in Miami. I stayed there during an off-site meeting for a non-profit I work with. It's quaint and small. It isn't the Ritz but it wasn't as bad as the bad tripadvisor reports make it sound. (Results on tripadvisor are decidely mixed)
Old Nov 12th, 2006, 10:10 AM

Impala is a chic little hotel and kind of expensive. I wouldn't chance arriving on one of the busiest weeks of the year without a reservation. HG
Old Nov 12th, 2006, 11:18 AM
Original Poster

Thanks for the suggestions everyone. This helps out a lot and I will definitely book ahead.
Old Nov 12th, 2006, 12:52 PM

Oddly enough, the lesser expensive, family-type motels are likely to be busier than ever then. The generally more expensive, bigger, and nicer, normally more expensive business type hotels are more likely to have major price reductions as there are no business travelers then. You might check out some of the business chains -- Hilton, Marriott (especially Residence Inn and Courtyard), etc.
Old Nov 14th, 2006, 08:38 AM

I lived there a few years back. Winter Haven used to have great room rates and didn't make you do more than 3-night minimum in peak season. Be careful about using website info to book - some are not what they seem.

T