Ventura, Calif.??

Aug 11th, 1998, 06:20 AM
Jill

Ventura, Calif.??

I'll be visiting southern California next month, and Ventura looks like a logical overnight stopping point. Is this a decent place to spend a night? Can anyone recommend a place to stay there? Thanks.

Aug 12th, 1998, 07:12 PM
Dayle

Jill, yes you could stay in Ventura, but what are your travel plans? Many posters here can recommend better alternatives. Nothing really wrong with Ventura, they have a nice marina area where I'm sure there would be a nice hotel. Many people visit the Channel Islands from Ventura. Santa Barbara, Santa Ynez Valley and other places are better places to spend time and to stay.

Aug 13th, 1998, 03:11 PM
kam

Yes, I strongly agree with the above. If you are just wanting a place to spend the night, Ventura is good. But, if you want to see a pretty town, choose Sta. Barbara or go down the coast to Sta. Monica (basically in LA) Solvang and Buellton and Santa Inez Valley is just north and inland from Sta. Barbara.

Aug 18th, 1998, 10:10 AM
Jill

Thanks for the advice ... I think we'll avoid a night in Ventura.
Our original plan was to spend a night in Santa Barbara, but since our one night is a Friday, we're unable to find a place that does not require a 2-night minimum weekend stay. We're planning to spend Friday afternoon in Santa Barbara and then go to LA to see relatives Saturday. I'm open to lodging suggestions! Thanks for any help!!

Search this Thread