Vegas Pools in late March

Search

Search this Thread

Old Jan 4th, 2004, 02:53 PM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Our family is doing a late March early April Southwest tour which will include Las Vegas for two days. Is it warm enough at that time to take the ambiance of the pool into consideration when choosing a hotel or will it be too chilly anyway. Have only been to Vegas in the summer and without kids.
Old Jan 5th, 2004, 01:51 PM

I've been to Vegas at Christmas and in late May. At Christmas the pool wasn't even open, and in May we got in the water but it was freezing (Mirage.) It was so cold I couldn't get use to it. But it was warm enough to lay around the pool.
Old Jan 5th, 2004, 02:16 PM

It really depends on how chilly is too chilly for swimming. Some hotels have heated pools and some close them down until it warms up. April is generally pretty balmy here- high 60's and 70's, so it may be warm enough for you.
You can check with your hotel to see if the pool will be open and if it's heated.
Old Jan 5th, 2004, 02:24 PM

Hey Shon,

To continue along what jbee was talking about, the Bellagio pool was open and heated when my wife & I were there this past Thanksgiving. We didn't go in, however, as air temps (around 60) were a little too cool for us.
Old Jan 5th, 2004, 03:10 PM

It may be just fine. When I was there last year in early April it was in the low 80's, many people were by the pool. The winter has been very cold there so far, hopefully it won't last into spring. Have a good time.
Old Jan 5th, 2004, 03:23 PM
Original Poster

Thanks for your replies. I called one of my hotel choices and they told me that there was no specific date they opened they pool.
Old Jan 5th, 2004, 03:24 PM

All of the above is correct. If it's warm enough to lounge out in the sun, the pool area should be open, although the water may not be heated (check with the hotel).

Note that the last time I was in Vegas in late March, it was in the 90s! Perfect pool weather, IMHO.
Old Jan 5th, 2004, 03:43 PM

I was there the same week as Doug and I was amazed to see people swimming in the evening in those pools. The water might have been warm but it was in the low 50's!!
When we go at the end of March, I have not seen all the pools open then either (at the Bellagio)