Search

Vegas in late Feb

Search this Thread

Old Dec 1st, 2004, 07:40 PM
gyppielou

Vegas in late Feb

When should I book? All the best deals seem to be within the next 6 weeks. Can I gamble on waiting till Christmas or later? We have no demands other than looking for a great hotel and flight at a decent price. Am I correct in thinking, similar packages that are now available from now thru mid Jan will open up, although a few dollars more? Thanks everyone!!! And the recent post has me considering Monte Carlo, as well as the top dogs!

Old Dec 1st, 2004, 07:41 PM
gyppielou

oh, and I should have mentioned, my dates are late sunday thru mid thursday, so no weekend pricing factors in. Mahalo!!!

Old Dec 1st, 2004, 08:19 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I would book now to ensure a decent rate. Prices will sometimes drop within a few weeks of check in, but there's no way to guarantee what occupancy will be, by holding off rates could also go higher. So best reserve a refundable rate now, and keep checking to see if prices fall in the coming months. Have a great trip
Old Dec 1st, 2004, 10:29 PM

Depends where you're flying from...is it a city that has constant fare wars?

I agree to book your first-choice hotel now at a cancellable rate. Sun through Thurs is usually no problem (as long as it's not the President's Day Monday when you're going...) and you can wait until mid January to book.

Friends of ours are paying $495pp from New Hampshire for 5 nights at the three-star Flamingo and airfare from New Hampshire in late Feb...for comparison purposes.
Old Dec 2nd, 2004, 04:56 AM

Feb. is a top convention month in LV. I'd book something with a price you can live with now and continue to check rates. Remember, hotels do charge one night to your credit card immediately.
Old Dec 2nd, 2004, 08:24 AM

The best thing you can do is go to the individual hotel websites and sign up for their email alerts. They'll send you notices of when they have special rates. For example, I recently got an email that Bellagio has rates of $159 through March on Sundays thru Thursdays, and $30 more gets you a lakeview upgrade. I think that for the Bellagio, that's a pretty decent deal. Also, Mirage has some nights in Feb. for $89, but they're random single nights.

I agree with Lori that you should book something soon. Find a refundable deal you can live with, and then keep checking.
Old Dec 2nd, 2004, 08:32 AM

I've done what everybody else is doing - got a refundable reservation, signed up with all of them for e-mail updates, and will start to worry in January

Gyppi, when are you goin? We can meet over a martini
Old Dec 2nd, 2004, 10:21 AM

Hey, I'm going, too! But a bit earlier. Feb 3-7th, anyone? Got a somewhat decent deal for two thru Southwest vacations for 4 nights at the Flamingo - I priced it all out separately and we're only saving about $150, but still... Gyppie, I agree with the previous posters re: booking and still looking. I suspect we'll have to make our show choices soon... Happy planning!
Old Dec 2nd, 2004, 08:36 PM
gyppielou

Hey their friends,
Planning on flying out of Boston 2/20 - Sunday for 4 nights. Alas, it is a long weekend, so that may make me take more care in booking this. Most definately a martini Faine!!! or2, or pool drinks if the weather surprises us...... if you're there then!!!

Old Dec 3rd, 2004, 10:53 AM

This thread will sink by the time we'll go there We should start a new one with the dates, maybe in early February, and hopefully a mini-get-together can be organized.

I don't really have any hope as I posted 3 times before going to different places in USA, and nobody agreed to meet. But I am not giving up and will continue to post as long as I travel!
Old Dec 3rd, 2004, 01:05 PM

I'd be willing to meet up w/anyone planning on being in Vegas in February. Just let me know the dates as I'm pretty flexible.

My oldest son will be travelling w/me--but I expect he'll want to do his own thing & would be great fun to meet others.

I'll be travellin from Oregon
Old Dec 3rd, 2004, 01:20 PM

We will be in Vegas February 20-25 (approximately) and our son may be there 17-22 (approximately so I don't know my dates yet.