replica designer handbags

Search

Search this Thread

Old Mar 13th, 2005, 08:53 AM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I am looking for shops which carry replica designer goods while I am in San Francisco?
Old Mar 13th, 2005, 09:02 AM

Are we talking counterfeits or rip-offs?
Old Mar 13th, 2005, 09:11 AM
Original Poster

I would say look a likes at a cheap price.
Old Mar 13th, 2005, 09:17 AM

Would that be look-alikes WITH designer labels/logos?
Look-alikes WITHOUT the counterfeit labels/logos can be found all over.
Old Mar 13th, 2005, 09:23 AM
GoTravel

Nine West, Dooney & Burke, Aigner, and Liz Claibourne all make nice replicas that don't rip off the designer.

Old Mar 13th, 2005, 09:37 AM

Every time this question is asked here it starts a raging debate. By purchasing designer knock offs you are supporting illegal business that has been linked to terrorism. Knock offs can be spotted by a knowing eye a mile away. Why not try handbags from cheaper but trendy web stores like anthropologie.com? They have very hip degigns and excellent sales. Also handbags by Juicy Couture or Marc by Marc Jacobs are also fashionable without breaking the bank.
Old Mar 13th, 2005, 10:16 AM

If you're looking for knock-offs, they aren't as common in SF as in NYC, for example, but a few weeks ago I saw some for sale on Grant Street in Chinatown.

Don't be swayed by the pointless "debate." If you see something you like and the price is right, buy it. Let those without sin cast the first stone.

Old Mar 13th, 2005, 11:40 AM

There is a difference between a bending of the rules and doing something that may lead to another person's death. But yes, the choice is yours and who are any of us to judge. All you can do is try to make an informed choice.
Old Mar 13th, 2005, 11:52 AM

I have this debate with my friends all the time. A knock off of a rare limited edition Vuitton bag is about $250 USD. If you can get a real one and that is a BIG IF, it costs about 3000 usd (maybe more) for the bag.

I laugh when I see someone carrying one because the clothes, hair and shoes do not match the bag. Not only is a knockoff easily to spot a mile away, but the person that has one is not evensupporting the "illusion" that it could be real.

I think take the $250, buy a nice classic Coach bag...a real Coach bag and enjoy it. IMHO, fake is fake, you are not fooling anybody. If I can't have the real thing, I do not want it. I will buy the real product from the real store in which my budget will support.
Old Mar 13th, 2005, 11:59 AM
GoTravel

I'm with you Annabel. The knock offs are so easy to spot.

Interesting tidbit, Louis Vuitton's parent company, LVMH sued Dooney & Burke for knock off copyright infringement on the Takashi Murakami designed bag.

For anyone wondering what the Tkashi Murakami design bag is they are the white bags with the colorful logos and designs.

Old Mar 13th, 2005, 01:10 PM

I have never been interested in LV or any other designer handbags but in recent magazines Uma Thurman is sporting a new designer line bag with smiling cherries on it. Loved it. Wanted it for my b-day- thinking $500-800. Wrong! $3200! Sak's has four styles of smiling cherries bags but the really cool ones are only sold directly from LV and at crazy prices.

Anyway, I buy designer labels at www.bluefly.com which carries the real deal including Prada purses at decent rates. I saw the new nylon Prada's at Saks for $235 (or so...) and they are $159 on bluefly.com.
Old Mar 13th, 2005, 01:32 PM

GoTravel

Those are the bags I was talking about..they were all the knock-off rage last year. White bags, colorful logo and gold metal spike-y decor around the bag. The were made in limited edition, and were just not available as they were sold before they were made. They went for over a few thousand dollars. They were everywhere! I kinda can't wait for spring again so I can see all these crappy bags on the arms of all the people that think they might be fooling anyone.

I own some LV bags, and when you own one, you know.

It's a fashion outrage LOL
Old Mar 13th, 2005, 05:16 PM

I'm just curious. The basic purpose of a purse is for carrying money. If you pay $3200 for the purse itself, how much money are you expected to carry inside it?
Old Mar 13th, 2005, 05:42 PM

I love the new LV ...the ad shows Uma Thurman with it.It has pockets in front ..no cherries.I have called and found out they will be available in April and the waiting list is long.The reason I like LV is beacuse its a classic, never goes out of style and doesnt lose its value.I deplore seeing those who carry a fake one, have eighties/mall hair, fake fake nails, and think everyone thiNks they have a real one.Almost makes me not want a real one...ALMOST.
Old Nov 19th, 2013, 04:46 AM

I wonder if after 8 years since asking this question, wendyb is still looking, especially since she's never returned here in those 8 years!
Old Nov 19th, 2013, 10:54 AM

Patrick on Mar 13, 05 at 10:16pm
I'm just curious. The basic purpose of a purse is for carrying money. If you pay $3200 for the purse itself, how much money are you expected to carry inside it?

Didn't see this question when it was posed eight and a half years ago. The short answer (for me) regarding how much $ to carry is close to none. My purposes for a purse include carrying a car key, lip gloss, drivers license/passport, phone, credit card AND to as a stylish accessory, much like a scarf or jewelry. I rarely carry more than $5 in my current little Marc Jacobs bag that I've carried for years.
Ann Marie
Old Nov 19th, 2013, 11:01 AM

Who cares
Old Nov 19th, 2013, 11:39 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Me. I care.
Old Nov 19th, 2013, 11:43 AM

Received 46 Likes on 17 Posts
Who cares about what kind of car to drive? They are just transportation.

Old Nov 19th, 2013, 11:51 AM

Received 37 Likes on 31 Posts
I care, too. You know what that Viennese doktor said about women and purses.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Do Not Sell or Share My Personal Information -