US to End Test Requirement

https://www.cnn.com/2022/06/10/polit...UC0U&fs=e&s=cl
Old Jun 10th, 2022, 06:17 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Test to return will be dropped

Per MSNBC test to return to US will end this Sunday
Old Jun 10th, 2022, 06:27 AM

Received 3 Likes on 1 Post
Great news! Makes me feel better about my next trip overseas.
Old Jun 10th, 2022, 06:57 AM

U.s. Ends testing requirement for re-entry effective june 12

Per Washington Post June 10, yesss!
Old Jun 10th, 2022, 07:06 AM

Thank you, Yestravel....some good news so very welcome. ~M
Old Jun 10th, 2022, 07:18 AM

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
and will supposedly be re-evaluated in 90 days
Old Jun 10th, 2022, 07:54 AM
Forum Moderator

EYWandBTV: We moved your thread to the US Forum and merged it with another thread on the same topic
Old Jun 10th, 2022, 08:26 AM

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Originally Posted by Moderator1
EYWandBTV: We moved your thread to the US Forum and merged it with another thread on the same topic
Wouldn't it make more sense to move this to any non-US Destination forum where it might be more useful to people traveling into the US?

Old Jun 10th, 2022, 08:45 AM

Switzerland in the fall

Just heard this on the noon news.
Resuming my planning materials this weekend!
Old Jun 10th, 2022, 08:53 AM

Received 50 Likes on 7 Posts
"Wouldn't it make more sense to move this to any non-US Destination forum where it might be more useful to people traveling into the US"

I actually think it make more sense here on the US forum. If someone is traveling from say India or France to the US they would look for info on the US board -- just like those of us traveling to Europe ask about covid testing requirements in the UK or Italy or wherever on the Europe Forum.
Old Jun 10th, 2022, 09:31 AM

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Originally Posted by janisj
"Wouldn't it make more sense to move this to any non-US Destination forum where it might be more useful to people traveling into the US"

I actually think it make more sense here on the US forum. If someone is traveling from say India or France to the US they would look for info on the US board -- just like those of us traveling to Europe ask about covid testing requirements in the UK or Italy or wherever on the Europe Forum.
We disagree. No harm in that.
Old Jun 10th, 2022, 10:49 AM

Now I can plan Europe. I always am anxious leaving my cat but the idea of testing positive and getting stuck made my anxiety thru the roof
Old Jun 10th, 2022, 02:18 PM
Original Poster

Received 7 Likes on 1 Post
Originally Posted by janisj

It impacts people who are not in US now and those from foreign countries planning to come here--its not limited to the US forum.
Old Jun 10th, 2022, 04:42 PM

I've got mixed feelings. I'm relieved that I won't have to worry about the possibility of a 10-day quarantine at the end of my trip in Kenya. But it also means I'll be surrounded by untested people--and potentially infected people.

Does anyone else share my concern?
Old Jun 10th, 2022, 06:52 PM

Received 17 Likes on 4 Posts
My wife's high school friend just got back home to New York state from her Alaska cruise that started and ended in Vancouver BC. She was not required to test before flying home. She thought she had a cold but did the home test. Yes, she has Covid. Yes, she was vaccinated and boosted.
Old Jun 10th, 2022, 07:45 PM
Original Poster

Received 7 Likes on 1 Post
Originally Posted by Songdoc
I've got mixed feelings. I'm relieved that I won't have to worry about the possibility of a 10-day quarantine at the end of my trip in Kenya. But it also means I'll be surrounded by untested people--and potentially infected people.

Does anyone else share my concern?
My experience both times I tested to come back to the US was that the tests were not really done very proficiently. I felt as if they didn't really care, its not their requirement. Testing is not as reliable as we'd like. Sometimes you can have covid but it take days to test positive. What I wish is that masking was still required on flights. But yes, the chances of someone being positive on a flight is increased.
Old Jun 10th, 2022, 07:50 PM

Received 12 Likes on 11 Posts
Yes I share the concern of Songdoc. I know too many people who have gotten Covid in the past couple months after traveling by plane. I think this is premature to go from lockdown, directly to no testing, no masking, no vax check, no nothing...
Old Jun 10th, 2022, 07:52 PM

Received 12 Likes on 11 Posts
"but the idea of testing positive and getting stuck made my anxiety thru the roof"

But Vicky. You could still get Covid when traveling. Just because you could then fly home sick, infecting others along the way, doesn't really solve the problem for the greater good!
Old Jun 10th, 2022, 09:43 PM

I understand Songdocs concern but couldn’t the same be said for our flight to our destination?
Old Jun 10th, 2022, 10:14 PM

Received 50 Likes on 7 Posts
Originally Posted by suze
Yes I share the concern of Songdoc. I know too many people who have gotten Covid in the past couple months after traveling by plane. I think this is premature to go from lockdown, directly to no testing, no masking, no vax check, no nothing...
Originally Posted by suze
"but the idea of testing positive and getting stuck made my anxiety thru the roof"

But Vicky. You could still get Covid when traveling. Just because you could then fly home sick, infecting others along the way, doesn't really solve the problem for the greater good!
Originally Posted by Paqngo
I understand Songdocs concern but couldn’t the same be said for our flight to our destination?
Or trip to the grocery store or dentist or local restaurant.

The air in an airplane is safer than in most places. People do manage to get covid whether they are flying or not

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Do Not Sell or Share My Personal Information -