Search

BI & Kauai

Search this Thread

Old Apr 10th, 2000, 09:16 AM
Cathy

BI & Kauai

We are going to Hawaii late May through early June.
Would anyone tell us when the kids in Hawaii get out of school for summer? I heard that if you're not careful during the summer that the teens can get into your car.

Also, has anyone try the Na Pali Coast tour in Kauai w/ Liko Cruises? What was your experience and how do I get a discount?

In the BI, has anyone try the Waipio valley wagon tour? Is it worth it? Do you get to see quite a few water falls? How comfortable is the wagon?

Any comment is greatly appreciated.

Cathy

Old Apr 10th, 2000, 09:45 AM
tourguide

Gee, I want to know ALL every about EVERY tour on every island in Hawaii!! Does anyone at all happen to know every last detail of every tour out there, including comfort, prices and safety? Oh come on, there must be someone!

Why all the multiple posts Cathy? Most people post their trip info and questions, but you just have "tour question" after "tour question" to post on individual headings, don't you?

Old Apr 10th, 2000, 09:58 AM
Lani

Cathy, I have no idea what you're talking about when you mention "teens getting into your car"? Do you mean break-ins? This does occasionally happen so don't leave valuables in your car, even in the trunk! But it's very rare! Hawaii is very safe. The kind of teens that might break into your car probably wouldn't be attending school when it is in session anyway.

Any time is a good time to go, and late May is fabulous! Have a great time.

Old Apr 13th, 2000, 07:54 PM
Kim

I can tell you that most schools here on the west side of BI get out June 8. I am a teacher so believe me I will be ready!!

I don't hear about lots of breakins around here, but like the above post says, it can always happen. Roll up your windows, lock the doors and you should be fine.

I can't tell you about the wagon tour but I did a horseback tour in Waipio when I first moved here. The valley is a great place to visit, and with the horses or wagon I am sure, you get to see a lot more. Maybe someone else will know about the wagon.

Have a great trip. This is a great island. But don't be expecting a lot of night life or shopping.

Old Apr 14th, 2000, 09:22 AM
Cathy

Thanks for all the helpful response, especially Kim. We thought about the horseback riding too but our son is 7 and under the 8 year limit. Therefore, we want to use the wagon. Hopefully I will get posts about the wagon tour.

Cathy