uptown Italian

Mar 3rd, 2004, 06:02 PM
Original Poster

uptown Italian

Mom's and daughter's are looking for a unique Italian mean away preferably away from mid-town...... we'd like to head uptown.... east or west.... and want to enjoy a memorable meal at an Italian restaurant that will satisfy our daugher's simple tastes yet will offer something unique for the moms. I've exhausted myself at menupages.com [but developed quite an appetite!] and was hoping someone could make a suggestion...... I wouldn't complain for a Chicken Scampi that would knock me off my socks...!!

Mar 3rd, 2004, 06:28 PM

I am sure that you will get a lot of good suggestions here. Here is my two cents: We had a wonderful meal at Arte Cafe at 106 W 73rd St (between Columbus & Amsterdam). Actually on our last visit to NYC we went for lunch, and had such a nice time that we went back later that week for dinner. Service was good without being annoying, atmosphere was relaxed, food was very good, and we were not rushed through our meal. They are at menu pages http://www.menupages.com/PrintableMenus/UW016.pdf if you want to "preview".

I highly recommend the Gnocci!
Mar 3rd, 2004, 06:37 PM

Tony's Di Napoli on Second Avenue at 83rd Street is a New York institution. The food is served family style, meaning one entree is plenty for two adults. It's often crowded, usually loud, just like a big Italian restaurant should be.

Plus it's one of Rudy Giuliani's favorites -- I've seen him there with his son several times.

Enjoy!
Mar 3rd, 2004, 11:15 PM

I would recommend both of our favorite places on the East Side, it's Quarto Gati just off 3rd Ave on 81st, it's excellent, great service and very interesting menu.

On the West Side, is't Pomodoro on Columbus and 71st St. They make their own bread there, and it's great. Lots of interesting dishes and again great service.

Have a GREAT time.

Search this Thread