My wife and I are planning to visit Hawaii for the very first next next July for our 20th wedding anniversary. Right now, flight tickets out of Quebec City, Canada to Honolulu are around $550 total one-way (each person). Tickets to get back looks to be in the same range ($550/person) from either Maui or Big Island, so it means around $1100/person round-trip. And it looks like doing a multi-city search is almost the same as well. Hawaiian Airlines seems to be the best for inter-island flights.
Do the fares usually drop in January for a July trip, or it won't change too much than from now? Is it better to buy now? There are lots of things to plan and I don't want to miss chances for lodging by getting my tickets too late.
I often fly from Burlington, VT and get much cheaper rates, but for Hawaii, it seems it's not the case, it's even more expensive than from Quebec City. I've tried several separate combinations to try to get the best rates (Quebec/LA, LA-Hawaii, Quebec/Seattle, Seattle/Hawaii, Quebec/Las Vegas, LV/Hawaii) but it gives me higher rates than just flying directly from home to Hawaii and let the carrier organize the stops.
I've already bought several travel guides (3 of the "Hawaii Revealed" ones (Oahu, Maui, The Big Island), that look to be some of the best guides available) and alkso "No Worries Hawaii" to help me plan my trip.
I'm planning to do 6 nights in Oahu, 6 night in Maui and 5 nights in Big Island. Is it too much?
I'm on a budget, so I'm looking for cheap (but clean) lodging options, hotels, or rental condos. I also plan to rent a car for each island.
Thanks for any input regarding flight tickets or other suggestions for the trip. We can't wait to go to Hawaii, I've always dreamed to get there since I was watching Hawaii 5-0 in my youth!
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 Baby Monkey Toys
- 2 Concept Open Source – Web developmen & Mobile development
- 3 Le reviva cream :
- 4 Buy Ovidac 5000 iu
- 5 Italian Provisions
- 6 Renux Garcinia Cambogia
- 7 In panic, messed up car rental reservation
- 8 Family Trip July 2018 Idaho to GNP
- 9 Halekulani Hotel-Waikiki -anyone stayed there
- 10 New York in 5 days
- 11 RV Grand Canyon
- 12 girls trip / oregon
- 13 Newport Beach restaurants
- 14 Total Eclipse of the Sun visible in USA - plan ahead for August 21, 2017
- 15 Expedia
- 16 Need Help BAD! San Fran, Yosemite, Castiloga-Where else?
- 17 10 day California Trip in July
- 18 I need help
- 19 Vacations in New Orleans
- 20 4 days in Miami
- 21 Los Angeles for Christmas
- 22 Please help w/ 7 day itinerary for Vegas & Arizona
- 23 Take out for Christmas Dinner in Los Angeles
- 24 Ideas for 16th Birthday New York
- 25 Las Vegas TR
Upcoming 1st Hawaii trip in July (infos needed for planning)