Reload this Page >

snowmobiling? Provo?

Search

snowmobiling? Provo?

Search this Thread

Old Aug 19th, 2002, 08:24 PM
gracie

snowmobiling? Provo?

I'm planning a long weekend in early December and think I've decided to stay in Provo. I'm hoping it will a relatively easy drive to at least three ski resorts. For an intermediate skier, would you recommend Sundance, Brighton and Deer Valley? Would like a nice mix.

The non-skier in the trip demands a great snowmobiling adventure. Any recommendations?

Old Aug 21st, 2002, 01:01 PM
Dayle

Hi Gracie!

From Provo to Sundance approx 1/2 hour drive. Provo to Brighton is about 1 hour. Provo to Deer Valley also about 1 hour with two choices on how to get there.

For early December - Sundance has the lowest altitude, so snow conditions may nto be very great that early. During a normal ski year, skiing gets good right in time for the Christmas crowds. Earlier could be a little rocky - if you rent your equipment, no problem.

Deer Valley doesn't open until Dec 8 this year if I remember correctly, so check your dates.

Brighton, Alta & Snowbird will have the best snow early Dec.

Personally I would NEVER go on a ski vacation & stay in Provo. Suggest SLC for budget reasons & easy access to all resorts. Sundance would be the furthest.

Another option for budget would be Heber or Midway, on the back side of the Wasatch & only a 20 min drive to DV, 30 min to Sundance or 1 hour to Brighton. There are condos, inns & a couple resorts there. Beautiful views. Small, hicksville town (Heber) with a couple outstanding restaurants.

Post again if you need more info. I've been skiing Utah for 30 years.

Old Aug 21st, 2002, 01:02 PM
Dayle

PS - several snowmobiling companies operate out of the area around Heber Valley & Park City. Daniels Summit east of Heber Valley is extremely popular!

Old Aug 21st, 2002, 01:24 PM
Barbara

Dayle gave you perfect advice. I don't see the advantage of staying in Provo unless you have something specific in Provo you wanted to see or do.

Old Aug 21st, 2002, 03:11 PM
kate

Dale,
What are the names of the restaurants in Heber? Thanks.