Fodor's Travel Talk Forums

Fodor's Travel Talk Forums (https://www.fodors.com/community/)
-   United States (https://www.fodors.com/community/united-states/)
-   -   universal studio (https://www.fodors.com/community/united-states/universal-studio-485880/)

dmd47 Nov 13th, 2004 11:34 AM

universal studio

I just want to know if it is possible to see everthing at universal studio theme park in orlando florida in one day.

BAK Nov 13th, 2004 12:16 PM

No.

And you'll see even less of it if you go on rides.

bAK

radiofanatic Nov 14th, 2004 07:09 AM

well I potentially disagree - it depends on what time of year you are going - if you are going inthe summer then there is no way you could do it in one day. We, however, go in the first week of december and can do everything in less than a day.

BAK Nov 14th, 2004 07:56 AM

I guess it depends on how you define "seeing everything." When I was there, I startedjust after opening in themorning, styaed until after dinner, only went on a couple of adventure rides, only attended a couple of shows, (how to make fake heads was good, another on sound effects) and am sure I did not even walk past everything there, let alone go in a sit through shows or go on the rides, with or without lines.

That said ... IT WAS A GREAT PLACE and I've sent lots of people there since my visit. You can spend a wonderful day; you just can't see everything unless it is smaller than it used to be, or you walk really fast.

Just pick and choose your attractions.

BAK

Postal Nov 14th, 2004 08:23 AM

Just in case the sender doesn't know this...Universal in Orlando includes two different parks, the Studios and Islands of Adventure. The latter is larger and more thrill ride oriented, but definitely worth a visit even if you don't go on any of the head-snapping roller coasters (The Incedible Hulk coaster IS incredible!)

The studios are more movie oriented as in sets and "neighborhoods") and none of the rides will result in chiropractor visits.

I agree it all depends on the time of year. Living in the area, we go to Universal in the off season and can easily do everything we want in a day. If we have to go in the summer (to bring relatives, etc.), we spend a night at one of the on-site hotels for Express passes, which cut waiting times from more than an hour to 15 minutes or less.

mrt Nov 14th, 2004 08:59 AM

Yes (assuming you have a lot of energy and can move quickly). You have to get there when the park opens, stay until closing and you have to be willing to be non-stop (except for quick lunch. You also should review and plan in advnce so you know what you want to see and don't waste time traversing the park. We have been ther 3 times and saw everything we wanted to see (which was almost everything).

schmerl Nov 14th, 2004 11:16 AM

It depends on when you're going. It also depends on whether or not you're staying at an on-site hotel which will give you automatic express access to the rides so you won't be wasting time waiting in lines. It also depends on whether you are just going to Universal Studios or you also want to experience Islands of Adventure. There are not only rides, but shows to be seen and atmosphere to be taken in. It's great to not have to rush through so you can appreciate all the theming throughout the parks.
Go to www.disboards.com and scroll to the Universal discussion forums for loads of ideas and advice.

mmmichelle01 Nov 19th, 2004 10:23 AM

That all depends on when you go and which park you're refering to as Universal has 2 parks. Either way, it is not possible to "see everything"...well actually you could probably see everything, just as long as you weren't planning on riding any of the rides.

radiofanatic Nov 19th, 2004 12:20 PM

my assumption was she was dm was just talking US and not Islands of Adventure - each takes one day on its own - I've done both several times and have done everything on one day each