Reload this Page >

Univ Studios VIP Tour: worth it?

Search

Search this Thread

Old Jun 5th, 2002, 10:52 AM
Sally

Has anyone been on the Universal Studios "VIP Tour"? It lasts some 6 hours, goes behind scenes etc. At $125/person, it's expensive; but my daughter loves movies and movie making. Is the tour interesting, moreso than just walking around ourselves?

Old Jun 5th, 2002, 12:14 PM
Dick

If the tour is $125...it must be good....I'm sure they can give you details.

Years ago, we took a behind the scenes tour at Warner Brothers and out kids loved it. Small groups, got a real feel of some of the illusions used in movie making. IT was very informative.

http://www.seeing-stars.com/StudioTo...BrosTour.shtml

Old Jun 5th, 2002, 12:24 PM
loangalsal

Hi Sally! Another "Sal" here! I have a thread going about this same kind of topic, search under "Universal". Maybe between the two of us we can figure out the best way to see the park, everyone has been very helpful here!

Old Jun 7th, 2002, 10:01 AM
roy

i went in may and the warner tour and nbc tour are muc better and within a mile or two of each other

Old Jun 7th, 2002, 11:21 AM
Karen

I just got back from Orlando and did the VIP tour at Universal's IOA. The tour was taken on Friday 5/24. I arranged the tour sixty days in advance and was a little apprehensive about "hanging out with 15 other people" since my son is autistic. Well to my suprise because the VIP tour department "gave me" my own tour guide because they had heard about my son's disablitiy. Whoa!! Usually your own private tour cost $1,700 so we saved a pretty penny. The tour was great! Lines were pretty long for most rides (60 minutes for Spider Man) but we went straight to the front of the line. Now, remember when we went the park closed at 7:00pm so getting right on the rides was a blessing. We rode all the major attractions and sometimes twice! We got VIP treatment during charater meeting, and when it was time to sit down and eat. The VIP tour was worth it for me.!