Leaving Golden, Colorado I exit on 19th street and then join Lookout Mountain Road which is a part of Lariat Loop. It is not long before I make a stop and I am looking down on the town I just left behind.
With a little Mick Jagger and The Rolling Stones in the background, I get back in my car and continue my winding climb up Look Mountain Road to my next stop, a scenic viewpoint of Water Craves Canyon. Carved by glaciers many moons ago, once again the work of mother nature is awesome and captivating.
From the summit of Lookout Mountain if I knew what I was looking for I am sure I would agree with one famous American from “The Wild West” who once shared the same view I am now fortunate to be taking in.
William F. Cody once said that on a clear day you could see four states from here.
A few minutes of enjoying the view on a clear cool afternoon and I take a short walk across a parking lot. In some way I am going to pay my respect to “Buffalo Bill” born William F. Cody, an Indian Scout and Fighter, Colonel in The American Army who is buried here.
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 The Lincoln Highway, abridged: Nikki's road trip
- 2 Best Drone With Camera Under 200 Dollars
- 3 Not a Typical Trip Report
- 4 Miami: Coconut Grove or Little Havana?
- 5 NY theater district restaurant
- 6 Family winter holiday
- 7 Christkindlmarket in Chicago
- 8 CAR TRIP FROM WI TO CA (in winter!!)
- 9 Minneapolis to Mount Rushmore (worth it?)
- 10 Trip to Cali
- 11 Grand Canyon trip from Breckenridge
- 12 Quiet Restaurant in Minneapolis for a celebratory dinner with a deaf guest
- 13 Big Sur weather in early December
- 14 PAC coast highway Oregon
- 15 Lake Quinault Lodge
- 16 Our next summer trip
- 17 Grand Canyon, Lake Powell, Zion..
- 18 Boston Must Do's with 4 year old
- 19 Dulles to BWI
- 20 Drive Time from Philadelphia to Gettysburg?
- 21 Need Help Picking a Neighborhood in Boston
- 22 Lodging in Yellowstone Park
- 23 Asheville, SC to Knoxville, TN Transportation
- 24 Kauai for a week: advice needed
- 25 Advice Nashville to Washington D.C please!