Tucson or Bryce and Zion

Aug 3rd, 2001, 06:27 PM
bob

Tucson or Bryce and Zion

Planning a trip to Arizona. I will be flying into Phoenix and would like to see both Tucson and Bryce Canyon and Zion, but time limits me to one or the other. Tucson would probably make my trip less busy, allowing for a less hectic pace but I hear Bryce Canyon and Zion are beautiful. This may be my only trip to this area. any suggestions?

Aug 3rd, 2001, 06:37 PM
jay

Zion...by far the best choice. I liked it better than the Grand Canyon!

Aug 4th, 2001, 02:55 AM
rqf

Zion, Bryce is the way to go but you will be driving more than 900 miles, round trip. Don't know what other plans you have for this trip but Las Vegas is a better jumping off point for both Bryce and Zion.

Aug 4th, 2001, 12:20 PM
Karen

By all means, Zion and Bryce. If you are short of time, consider flying from Phoenix to Page, AZ or St. George and renting a car there. It's a shorter drive to Zion and Bryce and you can either fly back or drive and drop the car in Phoenix. Check out the cost and see if it's worth the extra time driving

I've taken the flight. It is a short 30 to 40 minutes and you have GREAT views of Sedona. The Painted Desert
alone was worth the flight. You can really see the different colors

The trip from Phoenix to Bryce is long and uneventful, especially on the return.

Search this Thread