Reload this Page >

trip to Vermont from NYC

Search

trip to Vermont from NYC

Search this Thread

Old Mar 3rd, 2002, 07:33 AM
vermont

trip to Vermont from NYC

Any suggestions of a lovely place to see in Vermont with good vistas, hikes, and food? Preferably a short trip from NYC.

Old Mar 3rd, 2002, 07:39 AM
alex

Woodstock. Hike the Gorge and catch the Mt. Tom trail for a great view from the park. Quait N.E. town with good restaurants and shopping.

Old Mar 3rd, 2002, 08:07 AM
Jan

Manchester - lunch at Al Ducci's!!!

Old Mar 5th, 2002, 05:55 PM
bm

Hi! I was born and raised in Vermont and have travelled the state extensivly. I would highly recommend Stowe for your visit. Stowe is Vermont's quintecential ski town. Manchester and Woodstock seem a little too "fake" in my opinion. In Stowe, there are tons of hiking opportunities-Mount Mansfield, the tallest mountain in Vermont is located in Stowe. The Stowe Recreation Path winds throughout town and is a great place to blade, run, walk, and of course bike! Plenty of great restaurants too. If you're a fan of ice cream, Stowe isnt too far from the Ben & Jerry's factory.
The only downside, is that Stowe is further away from NYC than Manchester or Woodstock. About 5 hours with NO traffic.

Old Mar 5th, 2002, 05:59 PM
bm

PS.
I'm rethinking my statement about NYC to Stowe in 5 hours. I'd put it closer to 6 hrs.