Trip to celebrate my husband's 40th birthday

Old Apr 27th, 2004, 06:24 AM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Trip to celebrate my husband's 40th birthday

Please help! Looking for a special place to go for a long weekend in June or July (3-4 nights). Ideal situation: someplace we could drive to from NY or fly to that is not as far as California. Spa facility would be nice, but not required. We love food, wine, cooking, etc. We were just in Caneel Bay in March, so I don't want to do a beach kind of vacation. The idea of Montana sounds appealing (esp. Triple Creek!) but I'm not sure if it's too far for 4 days. (I think I like the idea of a ranch!) Our travel agent rec'd Blackberry Farm in Knoxville, but feel like it may be very hot there in June/July (there is a food and wine festival there). Your thoughts and ideas are greatly appreciated. We've planned some great trips with your help before! Thank you!
Old Apr 27th, 2004, 07:38 AM

marthas vineyard and nantucket. or go to vermont to a bed and breakfast and do some hiking.
Old Apr 27th, 2004, 08:17 AM

What about Halifax, Nova Scotia?
Old Apr 28th, 2004, 05:36 AM
Original Poster

Thanks for your responses. Vermont and Halifax are both appealing...haven't been to either. I'll check them out!
Old Apr 28th, 2004, 05:57 AM

Montreal would be a reasonable drive too. And is a great foodie destination.

Or is your hubby a baseball fan. If his favorite team is playing at an interesting ball park why not go head there. Ie if he's a Yankees fan find out if they are playing at the Orioles at Camden Yards and get him the best seats in the house. And then dine your way through Maryland - crabcakes, softshell crabs and all that. Or even better head to Seattle. Safeco Park is stunning and Seattle is a great destination, - good food, lots of outdoor activities and good baseball. That would be my dh's idea of a great birthday.
Old Apr 28th, 2004, 01:42 PM
Original Poster

Fabulous ideas! He is definitely a baseball fan!