Notices

Trip Report: Sedona

Nov 25th, 2012, 09:20 AM
Original Poster

Trip Report: Sedona

On our visit to Flagstaff this past September, we decided to drive down to Sedona for the day and check it out. First of all, driving into the small town of Sedona you are welcomed by some incredibly beautiful red rock formations. We decided to explore more of the surroundings by hiking the Brins Mesa Trail. The trail features a wide variety of desert plant life, including agave, banana yucca, juniper and pinyon pines, and of course the beautiful red rock for which they are known.

Once off the trail we stopped in Oak Creek Brewing Company for some very unusual and extremely good beers, including a dessert beer made with vanilla and mandarin orange. We then took our time walking through many of the numerous small shops with handmade art, clothes and toys. If you're looking for unique gifts, you won't have trouble finding any! We then settled into the rooftop balcany of Oaxaca Mexican Restaurant situated along the main strip. There we enjoyed a very good margarita and enchillada dinner while taking in the spectacular views. What a great way to top off our visit to Sedona. For pictures of our trip to Sedona, please check out our blog:

http://hikinginglacier.blogspot.com/...esa-trail.html
Nov 25th, 2012, 06:34 PM

Gorgeous photos - brought back a lot of good memories!
Dec 29th, 2012, 08:55 PM

Thanks for restaurant info-my husband & I will be there for a week beginning of May. I have been there many times & love it

Search this Thread