Just returned from a fabulous week in New Mexico. Thanks to all the Fodorites for your (yet again) excellent advice. Thank you to the people of New Mexico for your friendly welcome to your wonderful state - New Mexico IS the Land of Enchantment!!
We landed in ABQ, grabbed our car from Hertz and headed direct to Santa Fe. Really wanted to get into town so we took I-25 in for the fastest arrival at the Inn of the Governors. Registered and headed up to Room 215. This was a standard room and we really enjoyed our stay there. Nice room, excellent breakfast, pretty little pool area, tea and sherry and cookies in the afternoon and friendly staff. Tired, but headed off to the Plaza for a coupla of house Margarita's at Ore House overlooking the plaza. Great happy hour prices and strong/delicious rita's.
Trying to get our bearings wanted to stay around the plaza for dinner so walked over to the Shed. Crazy 2 hour wait, but guess what. We were tired, not feeling adventurous so we waited. Well, we enjoyed music in the courtyard, a beautiful early evening breeze and before we knew it were seated for food. Went back to the hotel room, happy to be in Santa Fe and collapsed into bed. A nice start to the vacation....
Day 2: Awoke early because we are from CT and are now on Mountain Time. Rolled with that and enjoyed breakfast and headed out early to Tent Rocks. WOW! con't....
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 girls trip / oregon
- 2 Newport Beach restaurants
- 3 Total Eclipse of the Sun visible in USA - plan ahead for August 21, 2017
- 4 Expedia
- 5 New York in 5 days
- 6 Need Help BAD! San Fran, Yosemite, Castiloga-Where else?
- 7 10 day California Trip in July
- 8 I need help
- 9 Vacations in New Orleans
- 10 4 days in Miami
- 11 Halekulani Hotel-Waikiki -anyone stayed there
- 12 Los Angeles for Christmas
- 13 Please help w/ 7 day itinerary for Vegas & Arizona
- 14 Take out for Christmas Dinner in Los Angeles
- 15 Ideas for 16th Birthday New York
- 16 Las Vegas TR
- 17 Moving from philly suburbs to St. Petersburg Florida area
- 18 Yosemite lodging ideas
- 19 East coast - Miami to New York including Canada
- 20 NY theater district restaurant
- 21 Upscale, Child Friendly NYC Restaurant?
- 22 Vegas in February
- 23 Christmas Eve in Los Angeles
- 24 18 Yearolds In NOLA
- 25 A Few days in Museums
Trip Report: Santa Fe, Taos, Hopper & more!