Fodor's Travel Talk Forums

Fodor's Travel Talk Forums (https://www.fodors.com/community/)
-   United States (https://www.fodors.com/community/united-states/)
-   -   Trip Report: Another wonderful visit (and Thanks for your help) (https://www.fodors.com/community/united-states/trip-report-another-wonderful-visit-and-thanks-for-your-help-887665/)

Bowsprit Apr 22nd, 2011 05:23 AM

Trip Report: Another wonderful visit (and Thanks for your help)

We snuck away for a busman's holiday and spent 3 great nights in New Orleans at the Hotel Monteleone, our new New Orleans home. We enjoyed Mr. B's Bistro, KPaul's, Jacque Imo's (be prepared for the $35.00 cab ride r/t), Galatoire's, Cochon, Cafe' Beignet, Brennan's, Clover Grill and Cafe DuMonde. We had amazing food everywhere but two standouts were the boudin (spelling?) at Jacque Imo's and the filet mignon at KPaul's. Our waiters everywhere were just amazing and just as impressive as the food they were serving.

Had a Sazerac or two, Lemon Drops as often as I could, a Milk Punch with a lovely brandy, a few mojitos and a Pimms Cup. Loved the local brew too.

We enjoyed The Maple Leaf and of course, Preservation Hall. The Sonesta in the Quarter had some good music happening there one night. I discovered Faulkner's Bookstore on Pirates' Alley, discovered a first edition there too. The concierge and the doorman at the Monteleone arranged a tour of the city for us with a wonderful man, a cab driver who was born in New Orleans and lives in the 9th Ward. He gave us our own tour through the entire city. It was one of the best tours we've ever taken. This man knew his stuff. He even brought us to his restored home in the 9th Ward. It was our pleasure.

A lot of other little things happened that go under the 'You had to be there' category but they made our trip special too and they could only have happened in New Orleans. As always, the most impressive component of New Orleans continues to be the people who live there.

Thanks to everyone here for your help while planning; we had a wonderful trip.

cmcfong Apr 22nd, 2011 08:39 AM

Great report!

Bowsprit May 9th, 2011 05:02 AM

lol! I don't think so as it has garnered no responses at all! Doesn't matter, we had a wonderful time. I wish I were in New Orleans right now!

Anyway, cmcfong: Thanks for your kind words!

SusanInToronto May 9th, 2011 02:39 PM

I never know if anyone is going to respond to my trip reports! But it's still worth it to post - sometimes people will read it weeks or months later. (BTW, we were in New Orleans ourselves when you posted your report - our first trip, and we loved it.)

Bowsprit May 9th, 2011 04:59 PM

I was online tonight looking at hotel prices for a November visit. I miss New Orleans.

I'm glad you enjoyed your trip and hope it's the first of many!

vietvisiontravel May 18th, 2011 08:03 PM

Hi there
i am thinking of travel to USA to visiting some relatives and seeking for some business chance, i am just interested in price of accommodation and foods and getting around , could you please let me know about how much average spending in one day?

bkluvsNola Jun 13th, 2011 11:05 PM

great report, thanks!