Reload this Page >

Trip Report & thank you -- Sedona, especially

Search

Search this Thread

Old Jul 26th, 2001, 04:17 PM
ellen griswold

It's been awhile since I posted here although I check in often. We just returned from our 6th Western Adventure Road Trip, and I wanted to thank everyone for their invaluable help! Specifically, Neal Sanders, Kam and Al Ruth --- as usual, I know I can trust all of your advice! To all the newbies, be sure you search the archives here; they are priceless!!

I specifically wanted to say Hi to AL RUTH! This summer's 3-week road trip focused on Arizona and California, requested by our soon-to-be-grown up son. We have seen most of the country now, but for the first time, we visited Sedona. We were overwhelmed with its beauty and elegance!

We stayed in the Best Western Inn of Sedona, enjoyed a fabulous breakfast at The Coffee Pot, a fun lunch at The Hitching Post and an incredibly delicious dinner at Oaxaca, from a table with an fabulous view!

We also took a Pink Jeep Tour (Broken Arrow) and really enjoyed it! After the tour, we walked across the street to the Visitors Center where I had hoped to be able to finally meet Mr. Al Ruth, who has been VERY helpful to so many on this board. I was very disappointed that he wasn't there --- and I NOW realize that he is at the Chamber of Commerce........but we DID have a nice chat with a Mr. Bruce Cox -- who insisted we sign their guest book as "Clark, Ellen, Rusty and Audrey Griswold". lol

Again, thank you to all, especially you Mr. Ruth! In two weeks, we're heading to New England --- we are armed and ready thanks to you wonderful people! Happy travels to all!

Old Jul 26th, 2001, 04:23 PM
Carol

Ellen - My family incl. 2 boys ages 10 and 14 will be in Sedona for 2 full days and 3 nights. We scheduled a Broken Arrow Pink Jeep tour for 8:00 thinking it would no be too hot. What's your opinion? Is the Oaxaca expensive?kid frieindly? Thanks

Old Jul 26th, 2001, 07:25 PM
carol

I screwed up my last reply - My question re: Pink Jeep Tour is whether or not to schedule it at 8:00 am. I have been led to understand that it gets very hot as the day progresses. THANKS!

Old Jul 26th, 2001, 07:35 PM
ellen

Hi Carol,
We took the 9:00 am tour and it was perfect. It was already quite warm but pleasant! I would definitely choose a morning tour not only because of the heat, but your kids will be fresh at that time, too! lol

Yes, I thought Oaxaca was very kid-friendly. And it's reasonably moderate, imho. Our dd and I split an entree -- but it was so good we ended up ordering another one! lol Wish I could remember the name of it -- it was absolutely incredible.

Have fun, and take lots of pictures; the scenery is stunning. I think our christmas card photo will be from Sedona this year, or Monument Valley, or Mesa Verde, or Glen Canyon, or Bryce Canyon, or LaJolla.....lol

Old Jul 27th, 2001, 01:46 PM
xxx

Where in Arizona is La Jolla?

Old Jul 28th, 2001, 05:27 AM
Al

Ellen: thanks for the kind words. I showed your message to Bruce at the Chamber of Commerce yesterday; he was very pleased. My wife's name is Ruth...hence, alruth.

Old Jul 28th, 2001, 11:30 AM
ellen

Hi Al! Good to hear from you! Did you already know Bruce? Did he remember talking to me and my family? Wish I would have realized your wife was Ruth! lol But isn't it cool to know we're 'real' people?!! lol Thanks again for all the great advice. I sure wish I could be there right now! lol

Old Jul 29th, 2001, 01:09 PM
aj

I'm just curious, are there other people who post here who have met in person? Have there ever been an organized events?
People who post on a Disney World site have gotten together with great success.

Old Jul 30th, 2001, 04:56 AM
only me

I have not met anyone personally, but I know a gal who has! It is probably the same Disney board you referred to. People on that board take it very seriously, even keeping count of how many posts they make, and getting 'titles' for each increment they reach. It's kinda bizarre and wonderful at the same time. They wear colorful ribbons at Disney to identify each other, and have also had set meetings, too.

Old Aug 8th, 2001, 05:48 AM
me too

Ok, has this ever been discussed on this board? It would be great fun to meet some of the regulars, and put a face with the names. I'm game, is anyone else????