Trilogy vs. PWF vs. ?

Jan 11th, 2004, 06:22 AM
Original Poster

Trilogy vs. PWF vs. ?

Howdy,

First, thanks to all for the wealth of information on this board. My fiancee and I have put a lot of it to great use in planning our honeymoon in Maui this March.

We'd like to do a sail or cruise while there, and she'd like to see the spinner dolphins as much as the whales. We see that both Trilogy and the Pacific Whale Foundation offer trips geared toward dolphin viewing -- has anyone had the opportunity to compare one to the other? It appears that the PWF trip includes snorkeling, which is a nice extra, but not a make-or-break issue with us. Is there an advantage to one or the other in regard to quality of the experience, boat, or group size?

Alternatively, we are both pretty quiet, laid-back types who are more comfortable far from the madding crowd -- has anyone had any experiences with doing a dolphin-viewing excursion with a smaller, more personalized operation that they would recommend over the larger professional-style organizations? (i.e., we've heard some good stuff about the Scotch Mist).

Thanks again and as always for the help.
Jan 11th, 2004, 11:40 AM

We are also going to the islands in March. I have been overwhelmed by the number of outfitters. Hope someone gives you a good answer because I'm interested to.
Jan 11th, 2004, 07:04 PM

Have been on two PWF trips & liked both. One was whale-watch out of Maalaea and the other sunset "cocktail" cruise out of Lahaina. In March you should see whales too !

Search this Thread