We are planning on a short vacation to the wild west covering as many place as our time permits and a tentative itinerary that I have in mind and would like to know if this do-able or if its too ambitious, considering there would be a 5 month pregnant lady and a person with heart issues, traveling with us. We are coming from florida, so altitude might also be a concern - a gradual increase would be fine just not a sudden sharp change.
Day 1: Arrive at phx at 7pm. Drive to Sedona to spend the night.
Day 2: Cathedral rocks at sunrise and then to Grand canyon south rim for the rest of the day. Night stay in or near GCNP.
Day 3: Drive to Page at day break - Horseshoe bend, Antelope canyon and then to Zion for the rest of the day. Or we could skip Page totally, and head straight to Zion if that is better. Especially with the pregnant woman, I am not sure if Antelope canyon is do-able. There are reviews in other forums that there is a 3-mile super bumpy ride to get to Antelope? Stay at Zion/Springdale, UT.
Day 4: Drive to Bryce Canyon at day break and then drive to Arches at mid-day and spend few hours in Arches national park. Stay near Arches national park.
Day 5: Our flight back is from Denver. Since its a long drive from Arches, this day would pretty much be on the road to Denver aiport to catch a late night return flight.
Our flight into PHX and out of DEN is booked, but the rest of the itinerary is quite flexible. Since its our first time there and probably our last visit before we leave the country, we want to make the best use of the chance we have. Any tips/suggestions is greatly appreciated.
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 Mississippi State vs ARKANSAS
- 2 Will Travel for Food - A Long Weekend in Philly to try a restaurant
- 3 Where to Eat on Kauai?
- 4 Asheville, SC to Knoxville, TN Transportation
- 5 Padre Islands
- 6 Brooklyn dinner? Bronx Breakfast? And opinions on the zoo?
- 7 safe travel idea within US to travel alone with preteen daughter and Mom
- 8 February trip San Fran to Yosemite...
- 9 NASHVILLE
- 10 Lodging in Yellowstone Park
- 11 glacier national park to yellowstone route
- 12 Muir Woods - new rules
- 13 Nj to Charleston SC during Christmas bestate way
- 14 4 days in San Diego
- 15 Not a Typical Trip Report
- 16 Copper - How many open runs usually open in December at Copper Mountain?
- 17 Lodging locations in Miami for an overnight visit
- 18 Restaurants - NYC Financial District
- 19 Hard Rock Stadium - transportation to stadium or parking?
- 20 Family winter holiday
- 21 Drive Time from Philadelphia to Gettysburg?
- 22 Galveston
- 23 Where to go in Florida . . . without a car?
- 24 PNW & its grudge against the bumbershoot
- 25 Ski trip in Park City, UT – where to stay