My wife and I will be visiting Denver in October and we were thinking about planning a vacation around the trip. Neither of us has been to the region of the country so I was hoping to get some recommendations of some places to go and things to do while we are there. I am thinking about staying in the area for around a week. We will have a rental car so I thought it would be good to travel around the state, staying a night or two at hotels in each area. While we are there, it would be great to to to some of the national parks for some scenic beauty, as well as visit some smaller towns outside of the city. Could you also recommend some things to do in Denver? We will be staying downtown. Would you recommend staying in Colorado during the entire trip or also venturing out to some of the bordering states during a week long trip?
Thanks in advance and any recommendations would be much appreciated.
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 Get The Best Sex Of Your Life, Naturally! | Limited Trial!
- 2 February trip San Fran to Yosemite...
- 3 Brooklyn dinner? Bronx Breakfast? And opinions on the zoo?
- 4 Copper - How many open runs usually open in December at Copper Mountain?
- 5 Asheville, SC to Knoxville, TN Transportation
- 6 Will Travel for Food - A Long Weekend in Philly to try a restaurant
- 7 glacier national park to yellowstone route
- 8 Lodging locations in Miami for an overnight visit
- 9 Restaurants - NYC Financial District
- 10 safe travel idea within US to travel alone with preteen daughter and Mom
- 11 Hard Rock Stadium - transportation to stadium or parking?
- 12 Family winter holiday
- 13 Drive Time from Philadelphia to Gettysburg?
- 14 Galveston
- 15 Where to go in Florida . . . without a car?
- 16 4 days in San Diego
- 17 PNW & its grudge against the bumbershoot
- 18 Ski trip in Park City, UT – where to stay
- 19 Train Journey, SFO to SEA
- 20 Padre Islands
- 21 NYC hotels...asked often but would like suggestions
- 22 Boston Must Do's with 4 year old
- 23 Bolt bus?
- 24 Nj to Charleston SC during Christmas bestate way
- 25 Not a Typical Trip Report
Travelling to Colorado for the First Time - What Should I See and Do?