'Living' on Coronodo Island for Six Weeks

Old Jul 11th, 2011, 03:05 PM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
'Living' on Coronodo Island for Six Weeks

For work related reasons I will be living on Coronodo Island, Calif for a little over six weeks.
I would love any information concerning restaurants, shopping, etc. I am also interested in finding a local yoga studio, nail salon and beauty salon. My husband will be joining me for most of the time and he loves to shop local farmers markets, find great little restaurants as well as attend some ballgames and golf. I would like to find a fun cooking class or something similar for him to do one day.

I know that there is a ferry from Coronodo to San Diego but what is the public transportation like? We will have a car as well.

Any other ideas - like your favorite day trip, restaurants, concerts, etc would be greatly appreciated.

Thank You
loveyblue
Old Jul 11th, 2011, 03:14 PM
Original Poster

Oh, My Gosh! Sorry for the mistake...Make that Coronado Island.
Old Jul 13th, 2011, 08:04 AM

Lucky you, Coronado is lovely.

As you will find out, the island is small but beautiful. Your husband will definately want to golf there. There's a farmer's market on the Landing; I think its on Saturdays.

You can take the ferry to downtown San Diego and walk around there. I wouldn't say public transportation is great here. Its better that you have a car.

Check other posts on the forum for other places to do in San Diego. You should have plenty to do.

Enjoy.
Old Jul 13th, 2011, 09:22 AM

There is the foot ferry, the water taxi and a very good public bus into downtown.

I'd bring or buy a bike for getting around Coronado (or to and from work). Bicycles are the preferred method of transportation on the island.

With six weeks, you can have your first meal at the Hotel Del, then eat your way down Orange Ave. I Like the Creamery, Miguel's, Tent City, Peohe's, and whatever they call Anderson's Bakery nowadays ( I think it's still Primavera?) Chez Loma would be nice for dinner when your husband arrives.

Will you be there this summer? On Sunday evenings there is a concert in the park across from the library. Bring a picnic dinner and enjoy the music. Don't spread your blankets too close to the stage/gazebo...Dancing is encouraged in the very front!

http://www.coronadonewsca.com and http://www.ecoronado.com are local print and online papers where you can find current events and activities.
Old Jul 13th, 2011, 02:17 PM
Original Poster

engolive - Thanks for your tips. I will encourage my husband to play a couple of rounds of golf.

lcuy - We each have a bike for our use while on Coronado. I have put your restaurant suggestions on my list. Thanks for the link to the online papers. I didn't have this information and I know that it will be helpful.

We want to take some day trips. We like National parks and hiking as well as interesting shopping. Any idea would be appreciated.

loveyblue
Old Jul 13th, 2011, 05:52 PM

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
DO get yourselves OFF Coronado at least a couple of times. The restaurant range, things to see and do, etc., is far far FAR more extensive off-island and worth the time and trouble as you'll soon see.
Old Jul 16th, 2011, 05:05 AM

wow! Lucky you! Yes, get off the island in that six weeks - get to La Jolla - go downtown - venture out to the other beach areas.

One of my favorites is to have lunch at George's on the rooftop... enjoy!