traveling to California just got alot more enjoyable

Search

Search this Thread

Old Oct 8th, 2003, 10:09 AM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Now that I am in office,we no longer have to deal with the girly-man "Gray" Davis. And,hate to say it liberals,but GWB will win my state in 2004. See you in 2012 Hillary!!
Old Oct 8th, 2003, 10:16 AM

Hate to burst your bubble AAnold but you can never run for Prez since you were not born here.
Old Oct 8th, 2003, 10:18 AM
Original Poster

Maria will run
Old Oct 8th, 2003, 10:38 AM
Travelsmiles

Suggest you both check out Sen. Orin Hatch's proposed constituional amendment that would allow anyone who has 20 years or more US citizenry to run for Pres. if not otherwise barred. Just so happens Arnold is celebrating his 20th anniversary this year.

Since Hatch chairs the committee where all amendments must start, one must give it a bit of added credibility.

As far as Hillary, suggest you get the cunnent New Yorker and read the lates.

Oh, I'd have more confidence in Arnold if he would learn to pronounce California. That foreign go-go boy talk isn't going to cut it when he goes to Sacramento to negotiate with the big guys.

Old Oct 8th, 2003, 10:39 AM

I believe the question of whether Arnold or someone else not born in the US is an open one. I think the language is open to interpretation (though I can't remember it at the moment).
Old Oct 8th, 2003, 10:46 AM
Original Poster

Travelsmiles...Whats wrong,do you feel people with an accent are inadequate? I don't think anyone has a problem with Kissinger.
Old Oct 8th, 2003, 11:01 AM

Arnold goes to Sacramento? Wasn't it on his list to move the state capital to Hollywood?
Old Oct 8th, 2003, 11:07 AM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
52 percent didn't vote for Ahnold so that's enough to get him RECALLED !!!

Go ahead, Make His Day!
Old Oct 8th, 2003, 11:16 AM
GoTravel

Travelsmiles, don't have the NewYorker. What is the latest?

Old Oct 8th, 2003, 11:19 AM
Travelsmiles

Actually the last time I looked at the consitutional requirement, it was quite clear - either born in the US or born into an area later absorbed into the US, and not otherwise barred. I doubt Hatch isn't aware of the status, and that he'd go to the trouble of an amendment if it were merely a legal interpretation issue. I believe there's also a requirement the person be mentally age 35, so there's something insurmountable for Arnie. I am also wondering if the US really needs Austrian influence at a time like this. Is it good for our image, given the WH people, DOD and State.

Old Oct 8th, 2003, 12:28 PM

The weenies are screaming because their guy was too small for the job. Arnold is a winner and he'll figure out how to turn around California soon, if he hasn't figured it out already. Travelsmiles tries to be cute with a remark about mental age -- I guess it's tough always getting the short end of the stick.
Old Oct 8th, 2003, 12:35 PM

Travelsmiles, perhaps you didn't see my post yesterday on the European board when you raised the same issue about Hatch.

The fact is, two democrats, including Barney Frank, have proposed similar legislation for an amendment to allow naturalized citizens to become President.

If you have an issue with the change fine. But at least be aware that there has been bipartisan support for the idea.
Old Oct 8th, 2003, 12:38 PM

Even if Orin Hatch can get an amendment to vote in the US Senate to change the constitutional requirement for US natural-born citizenship for the presidency, it's unlikely it would get through the house also. Then it must be ratified by 2/3 of the state legislatures in order to become law.

Believe me, changing the US constitution is very hard, as it should be. Our leaders are very reluctant to change it unless there's a very good reason (remember, the Equal Rights Amendment failed to pass). It's far harder than simply getting an amendment passed in the house and the senate.

Andrew
Old Oct 8th, 2003, 12:43 PM
Travelsmiles

Sure, Jacko, you've brought in the heavy weights (literally) to turn around that $35B deficit mess - and Arnold's got the problem solved already! Laughing Out Loud!!!! That's too good for a mere LOL. Some of you will march to any drumbeat. Hollywood is making policy now. And good lord, I thought having a former baseball minor owner with his finger on the button was bad. Now our largest state is run by a groper.

Old Oct 8th, 2003, 12:44 PM
RNC

Can it get worse for the Democratic party? all the negativity they threw at Arnold actually rose his ratings. But,it's no wonder it passed since all the democrats campaign on now is bashing Bush and promoting gay marriage.
Old Oct 8th, 2003, 12:49 PM
Travelsmiles

Oh, I quite agree about the difficulty of the constitutional process - although there are two approaches, one state based.

But given the weird patterns the US seems to be following, I know anything is possible.

Am I incorrect in thinking everytime another woman came forward with a grope tale, Arnold's polls shot upward. Can you imagine 15 or more women, and it didn't even make a dent. You guys in CA must have really wanted that guy. You've got him now.

This will turn out to ne the stunt of all times. You gave the state to a conan.

Old Oct 8th, 2003, 12:50 PM

Hollywood is making policy now? Where do you think large portions of Clinton's donations came from. The entertainment industry is one of California's larest. You really think they've been silent since films were?

Both the right and left play the game the same way. They merely have different people and special interests on their team.

Old Oct 8th, 2003, 12:55 PM
Travelsmiles

The fact that the Demos are ineffectual hardly justifies the way the Repos behaved in CA. Taking money from Hollywood is one thing. Turning policy over to the Rob Lowe types is another. I think I see a new reality TV possibility. You take a really screwed up state, like CA, and bring in 15 no-neck candidates, and through a process of elimination using people with less than 8th grade education, you narrow it down to someone who wins the office for a year. Then we start the search all over again. Can you imagine what a hoot the rose ceremony will be? Honestly, it's almost funny.

Old Oct 8th, 2003, 12:59 PM
Travelsmiles

Almost. I cannot wait to get to Malibu next week and see what the really hip folks I'll be seeing have to say. I imagine they're laughing in their cosmopolitans. Just too hilarious!!!

Old Oct 8th, 2003, 01:02 PM
Original Poster

75% of the registered voters truned out for this election because they were not well represented by Davis. Face travelsmiles,the people of CA wanted him out. Your liberal party is a joke now and has no agenda to support any Governor of any state.

This,in all fairness,was the people rejecting the Democratic Party as a whole and could mean the demise of it. BUSH WINS CA IN 04!!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Do Not Sell or Share My Personal Information -