Reload this Page >

Travel time Vegas to Pismo beach

Search

Search this Thread

Old Jun 16th, 2002, 11:19 PM
jan

Does anyone have the Travel time from Vegas to Pismo beach. And route recommendation with no stops
Thanks,
Jan

Old Jun 17th, 2002, 10:54 AM
jan

ttt

Old Jun 17th, 2002, 11:05 AM
Little research

Try MapQuest.

Little Research

Old Jun 17th, 2002, 12:06 PM
AH

I think it took us 5-6 hours including "drive thru" lunch. Some of the roads are only 2 lanes (and winding) and you couldn't make good time on them. We took Route 15 from Vegas to Barstow, then Rt 58 through Bakersfield to San Luis Obispo, then 101 to PB.

I think I used Mapblast to get this route.

Old Jun 17th, 2002, 12:32 PM
jan

Thanks AH. I appreciate the facts from someone that has been there/done that.
To Little research:
I use mapquest for the basics, but always like to hear from others in case there is better routes, must sees etc.
Thanks Again
Jan

Old Jun 17th, 2002, 08:09 PM
hector

Well, AH may have been there and done that, but I can guarantee you that she didn't get there in 5 hours!

Old Jun 17th, 2002, 08:32 PM
ron

Jan,
Your looking at a minimum drive time of 6-7 hours. The drive is close to 375-400 miles. A quicker way out of Bakersfield is to take 166 instead of 58. It lets you out about 15 miles south of Pismo Beach right north of Santa Maria. Where are you coming from since you also posted for directions through Colorado? Try doing it yourself, you'll feel better about it.

Old Jun 18th, 2002, 12:10 AM
jan

I am actually starting out from Vancouver Island, BC heading over to Manitoba then South to GC and over to the coast, straight up the coast to home. Unsure what you mean ron [try doing it yourself]. If you mean the directions believe me I have been scouring the maps for weeks but I don't want to miss anything and so many people on the forum are an incredible help with all the secret special places and best routes.
Thanks for the reality check on the driving time. I am not into super fast highway driving want to take the time to let it all sink in not just let it fly by.
Thanks,
Cheers
Jan