Go Back  Fodor's Forum > Destinations > United States
Reload this Page > Travel from Seattle to Vancouver for 12 people
Notices

Travel from Seattle to Vancouver for 12 people

Jun 22nd, 2011, 05:40 AM
Original Poster

Travel from Seattle to Vancouver for 12 people

Hi, I'm a Malaysian and will be boarding a cruise at Vancouver coming August. However, we are flying to Seattle then travel to Vancouver.

There are 12 of us travelling together. I would like to know which will be cheapest way for us to travel from Seattle to Vancouver. The best option for us is to get a transportation at Seattle airport to Vancouver directly. Anyone knows if the shuttle bus will be cheaper than us hiring a charter bus?
Jun 22nd, 2011, 06:37 AM

Quick Shuttle is the company that offers service directly from the airport to Vancouver by bus, and it costs $57 each way. The company also does charters, but since they usually use full-size buses, I suspect a charter might be more expensive than the individual fares. But you'd have to get a quote to make sure.

Amtrak is cheaper, at $38 if booked in advance. But you'd have to get your group to the Amtrak station, and that might erase any costs savings. However, there are only 2 trains daily, and one is very early in the am, another in the evening. Amtrak provides bus service several times a day, and those buses are also cheaper than Quick Shuttle.

I don't know if there are other ways I am not aware of (I suspect there may be). But those are the two options I think sound the most attractive. Of those, I'd probably choose the train if the schedule works out. But if you are actually arriving in Seattle on the same day your cruise departs, that might not be an option.
Jun 22nd, 2011, 01:43 PM

Never tried the bus, but have used Amtrak with excellent results at a reasonable cost.
Jun 22nd, 2011, 02:29 PM

Amtrak group travel requires 20 or more for a discount.
The rules for crossing the border on Amtrak- http://www.amtrak.com/servlet/Conten...=1241267400657

Make sure everybody's passport is up to date. The early train is best.

Search this Thread