Fodor's Travel Talk Forums

Fodor's Travel Talk Forums (https://www.fodors.com/community/)
-   United States (https://www.fodors.com/community/united-states/)
-   -   Trave Assistance require urgent (https://www.fodors.com/community/united-states/trave-assistance-require-urgent-374011/)

Arrick Jun 6th, 2008 12:09 PM

Trave Assistance require urgent

We arrive in Las Vegas on July 18th and we have 10 days for holiday, please suggest any itinerary from Las Vegas.

vjpblovesitaly Jun 6th, 2008 12:13 PM

what are you talking about?

ElendilPickle Jun 6th, 2008 12:32 PM

Where are you coming from? What is your budget? What are your interests?

Lee Ann

Marginal Jun 6th, 2008 12:33 PM

Get a guidebook. We are not travel agents.

cfntmpn Jun 6th, 2008 12:35 PM

put "las vegas" in the search and you should receive A TON of threads to go through....

dmlove Jun 6th, 2008 12:41 PM

<i>Get a guidebook. We are not travel agents. </i>

While getting a guidebook would certainly be a good idea, there are plenty of people on this forum who would be more than happy to help plan someone's trip, once they have some additional information.

swisshiker Jun 6th, 2008 12:48 PM

Hello Arrick :)

Did you plan on spending the entire 10 days in Vegas?

Do you plan on renting a car for all or part of your 10 days?

By car from Las Vegas:
Los Angeles is a 5-hour drive.
Bryce Nat'l Park is 4-hour drive.
Grand Canyon is a 4 1/2-hour drive.

Happy travels!

tenthumbs Jun 6th, 2008 01:01 PM

dmlove~you are so right, this is why we post here, to find out from people who have been there, done that, or maybe live there and can suggest things guidebooks overlook. I have received better suggestions from this message board than I have from guidebooks!

tenthumbs Jun 6th, 2008 01:03 PM

Arrick~you'll have to be more specific. Does &quot;we&quot; mean you and spouse, or does it include children? Do you like adventurous or tame things? Do you like shows? Keep in mind Vegas in July is HOT..........

vjpblovesitaly Jun 6th, 2008 01:16 PM

&quot;I have received better suggestions from this message board than I have from guidebooks!&quot;

Did you start by giving no information, do no research of your own, claim something that will take place in a month and a half is urgent, state that the help is REQUIRED, and not even have the courtesy to say &quot;could you please help&quot; or something along those lines?

L84SKY Jun 6th, 2008 01:17 PM

Whatever you do- do it in air conditioning. If you do it outside, do it in a hat and sunscreen.

RoamsAround Jun 6th, 2008 01:21 PM

Sorry if this might offend a few contributors but OP's question is a perfect example of &quot;how not to pose a question&quot;. OP has not even given a hint of what &quot;they&quot; might be seeking in terms of travel assistance other than they want someone to make up an itineray for them. How can anybody possibly make meaningful suggestions?

OP's should do some basic reading and planning before asking for assistance.

I'm amazed at how many people think that &quot;doing research&quot; means only asking questions on a travel forum.

janisj Jun 6th, 2008 01:27 PM

Arrick: Welcome to Fodors. You need to give us a LOT more information before anyone can help you.

I am guessing you want to know about a driving tour of California starting from Las Vegas (because you clicked on &quot;California&quot; before you posted)

Like suggested above - you need to tell us what &quot;we&quot; means (couple, friends, family, ?? )

What help are you actually looking for??

Are you flying in and out of Las Vegas - or are you flying out of a different city?

How long are you staying in LV?

What/any places are you already planning to see?

Just any additional information you can give us will help . . . . . .

nytraveler Jun 6th, 2008 03:18 PM

Agree that we need info from you to be helpful.

And, your tone is quite peremptory - you are treating us like employees.

It's considered polite to give a little info then ask for help.

Specific questions are useful.

Some people may be willing to map out an entire itinerary - once they know more - but many are more willing to take their time to answer specific questions.

tenthumbs Jun 6th, 2008 03:40 PM

vjp~nope, I gave details: who was going, what time of year, what our interests were. Instead of having to wade through lots of information, I got information tailored to my interests. You can't go to the doctor and say &quot;I don't feel good.&quot; You need to specify &quot;I have a headache/chest pain/diarrhea&quot; before you can expect help. This message board is no different.
Roams is right~ doing some research first is crucial, but details gleaned from these message boards has been more helpful than just reading guidebooks alone.

El_Swainer Jun 6th, 2008 04:35 PM

Include a visit to the Hoover Dam. The dam offers guided tours.

Also popular is a visit to the Grand Canyon. Red Rock Canyon also for a short trip.

But outdoors activities are limited by the brutal heat of July summer.

There is much dining and shows to see in Las Vegas. Many tourists are thrilled just to walk around the Las Vegas Strip and see all the excitement. Ten days is a bit too much to spend in Las Vegas. Three or four days would be better.

L84SKY Jun 6th, 2008 07:27 PM

RoamsAround, that was a nice way of putting it.

I think many new people haven't caught on to the search function here. Either that or they think we are on staff here. Well, that's easy to think since some of us are here quite often.

janisj Jun 6th, 2008 10:18 PM

the OP clicked on California - he did not click on Nevada. I think we need to wait for Arrick to return to answer some of our questions/clarify things before we can help at all.

swisshiker Jun 7th, 2008 04:38 AM

janisj - just curious. How do you know the OP clicked on California? ((?))

janisj Jun 7th, 2008 07:17 AM

if you click on California - this thread pops up. If you click on Nevada - it doesn't.

He had to click on California to make that happen.