Reload this Page >

Transportation Recs Btwn LaGuardia/Newark and JFK

Search

Search this Thread

Old Jul 18th, 2001, 10:54 AM
Bly

I've found a fairly good fare from JFK to Europe in September. Only problem is I'm leaving from Denver! To fly Denver to JFK requires a plane change and costs about $50 more than to fly into LaGuardia or Newark.
Anyone have ideas on how long it would take or the best methods of getting from LGA/EWR to JFK about 3-4pm? Approximate costs? Thanks! b

Old Jul 18th, 2001, 11:49 AM
Pam

i'm not sure about your window of time and depending on the day and time of travel - car service from Newark to JFK
can take 1 - 2 hours depending on traffic. it could cost anywhere from $80 - $120. i would research car service in the Newark/Elizabeth area. If you have more time - like 3 hours - you can train it. There's a monorail to Newark train station (free). There's also a bus shuttle to the Newark train station (under $10). Then you can take the train to New York City Penn Station - 20 minute ride - no stops - $4more or less. Then walk several blocks or cab it to Grand Central Station where you can find a shuttle to JFK - direct ($15-$20?) - not sure on any of the pricing but i think i'm close - this option can be fast like 2 hours but it could be very slow if all your connections get screwed - 4 hours. take the car service

Old Jul 18th, 2001, 01:00 PM
bly

Thanks Pam! After all that, I might as well suffer the air transfer and pay the extra $$. But that is exactly the info I was looking for. b

Old Jul 18th, 2001, 01:37 PM
travelingman

Try the Airporter shuttle. http://www.goairporter.com/ewk_to_jfk.html

Old Jul 18th, 2001, 04:57 PM
RQF

I would fly to LGA. It is about 10 miles from LGA to JFK, all highway. A taxi will cost about $20. Trip by taxi under the worst case scenerio would be about 30 minutes. No traffic (not likely) trip would take less than 15 minutes. EWR to JFk using Princeton Airporter shuttle would cost $22 and trip will take about 90 minutes.