Transportation in New Orleans

Jan 15th, 2001, 02:45 PM
Pia Long

Transportation in New Orleans

I will be traveling to N.O. for a conference staying at Hotel Villa Convento (616 Ursuline St.). I will need to get back/forth from the hotel to Superdome & Convention Center. Is there a bus that travels past this B&B and if so which one? Would you know if it runs past 8:00 p.m. and if not is the hotel within walking distance from the Superdome? Thanks in advance.

Jan 15th, 2001, 04:26 PM
Joan Doyle

Dear Pia: I don't think there is any form of public transportation between the Superdome and your hotel--and it will be a rather long walk, certainly not one you will want to make at night. However taxis are not too expensive in New Orleans and they may be your best bet. Enjoy your visit. Joan

Jan 15th, 2001, 06:29 PM
Meg

There is a French Quarter shuttle that runs near your hotel. It runs through the Quarter on Chartres across Esplanade into the Marigny and then back into the Quarter on Dauphine. You could catch it on Chartres or Dauphine which are both close to your hotel. Ask at the front desk of your hotel - they can give you can exact corner on which to wait. I'm sure there's a stop not more than 3 blocks from your hotel. The shuttle begins running at 5 a.m., I think, on the weekdays and runs till 6 p.m. or so. The shuttle will take you to directly to the Convention Center in about 15 minutes. You can get off on Poydras and Baronne (tell the driver where you need to get off and ask that he/she tells you when you reach Poydras). The Dome about 4 blocks up - away from the river. A cab from the Dome or Convention Center back to your hotel would be less than $10. The cost of the shuttle is $1.25 - or you can buy a pass for 1 day, 3 days, etc. Please let me know if you need anymore info.

Search this Thread