Fodor's Travel Talk Forums

Fodor's Travel Talk Forums (https://www.fodors.com/community/)
-   United States (https://www.fodors.com/community/united-states/)
-   -   transportation from Salt Lake City to Park City (https://www.fodors.com/community/united-states/transportation-from-salt-lake-city-to-park-city-755702/)

CHELLOLIVE Dec 31st, 2007 05:46 AM

transportation from Salt Lake City to Park City

Please help! we are arriving in Salt Lake on Jan 17 and we need transportation info into Park City ...nothing like waiting until the last second..thanks in advance!

Dayle Dec 31st, 2007 06:49 AM

Chellolive,

There are several shuttle companies. Two of the biggest are All Resorts Transportation and Park City Transportation. They have a variety of limos, vans and 4x4s if you care.

Coming for Sundance?

alliegator Dec 31st, 2007 07:05 AM

Couple things:

As Dayle mentioned...the shuttle.

Secondly, if you have 4 or more people, you may consider a taxi. Do a search on the internet for yellow taxi. The have mini van taxis and it was actually less then the shuttle. We also arranged for them to pick us up for our departure.

Lastly, rent a car. Sidestep is a good place to look and we are renting this year from Rugged.

During Sundance the town is crazy and local shuttles slow. Taxis are quit expensive in PC and DV, so last year we decided to rent our own, for driving outside of main street. For us we were there for skiing not Sundance, so it workied well for us but if you aren't leaving Mainstreet, then the taxi/shuttle thing might work for you.

The drive from SLC Airport to PC is very easy, so don't be scared to rent your own vehicle.

Have fun! It's a beautiful place.

CHELLOLIVE Dec 31st, 2007 07:49 AM

Thanks, we are coming for Sundance and are very excited! we are only in for 4 days, bummed about that...and we excited to feel colder weather and see snow it will be 84 degrees today with 100% humidity today, yuck

lisettemac Dec 31st, 2007 08:08 AM

I would consider whether you will really get any use out of a rental car or not. If you're coming for Sundance and plan to stay in town all week, I'd probably forego the rental and take the shuttle. It's very easy.

CHELLOLIVE Dec 31st, 2007 08:13 AM

Yeah, I see what you mean about the shuttle vrs renting a car we are strictly going to be at the festival, so it maybe a hassle, however we are going to do the shuttle and taxi thing, next question? where should we have our first drink?

Dayle Dec 31st, 2007 02:35 PM

Hi again Chellolive,

Oops, I meant All Resorts Express.

If you are coming for Sundance, don't even think about renting a car. You are better off without one. There is no place to park anyway! You will also wait a long time for a taxi to anywhere. No reason to hassel with that either.

Use the free shuttle buses. It's the fastest, easiest way. They put on extra shuttles for Sundance and the buses go to all the film venues, everywhere. You get dropped off right there, no hiking from the nearest parking lot - which is nowhere near the venues - in most cases.

Think of trying to park in NYC - it's about the same in Park City during Sundance.

CHELLOLIVE Jan 11th, 2008 06:39 AM

5 days and counting, yeah!

abram Jan 12th, 2008 07:18 PM

We just returned from PC. We used Park City Direct Shuttle between SLC and PC, and were very satisfied.

CHELLOLIVE Jan 14th, 2008 04:26 AM

Great! That's who I think we booked with.