Go Back  Fodor's Forum > Destinations > United States
Reload this Page > Tours from Palm Springs to Joshua Tree Park
Notices

Tours from Palm Springs to Joshua Tree Park

Apr 16th, 2013, 07:21 PM
Original Poster

Tours from Palm Springs to Joshua Tree Park

Hello,
Any recommendations of reputable tour company for a guided, driving tour to Joshua Tree National Park? Interested in approx. 5 hours, major focus on the National Park, but other sights would be nice, no major hiking.
I see prices ranging from $99 to $200.
Thank you.
MJ
Apr 16th, 2013, 08:21 PM

I'm sorry I can't advise about a tour operator, but on a recent visit to Palm Springs, we drove through the park at a very slow pace. It was quite enjoyable. We entered at the south, taking many little detours along the road, exiting the park at the town of Joshua Tree. We had lunch at one of the chain restaurants in Yucca Valley and drove back to Palm Springs on Highway 62, part of which is very scenic.

The beauty of the park is subtle, but enjoyable if you go slowly and aren't being bothered by somebody telling you what you are seeing.

Another great drive from Palm Springs is up Highway 243 out of Banning. It connects up with Highway 74 and loops back to Palm Springs via Palm Dessert (home of wonderful Living Desert Museum). If you don't have time for the complete loop, drive up Highway 74 out of Palm Desert, and when you reach the top, drive back down. The views are amazing.

HTTY
Apr 24th, 2013, 05:18 PM

Easily doable as a self-guided drive if the packaged tour isn't a must. Lots of good guide info online and the NPS with rangers is around.

Search this Thread