Notices

touring baltimore

Feb 25th, 2010, 03:56 PM
Original Poster

touring baltimore

Hello,

Me and my husband are going to the inner harbor in baltimore in may and wanted to know if anyone can recommend any restaurants, Any attractions to see or activities to do

Thanks rose
Feb 25th, 2010, 04:21 PM

Take the water taxi to get around.

History: Fort McHenry.

Neat, old ships and a submarine you can tour in the harbor.

If you are into Art at all, go to the Walter's Gallery.

The Baltimore Museum of Art is also outstanding, but is not right near the harbor. They currently have a wonderful Cezanne exhibition. They have two of the finest Matisse paintings in the world in their permanent collection and several other really fine collections. Their restaurant is also very, very good for lunch or dinner, great crab cakes there.

Funky Art: The Visionary Art Museum in Federal Hill.

If you like pizza, The Brick Oven Pizza in Fells Point, is very close to the dock where the water taxi stops. When you get off the taxi, it will be about a half block up on your left. It has been voted a Best of Baltimore place.

There are tons of run of the mill restaurants right in the harbor, but there is one restaurant I really like. I will have to look it up for you because it is just a little hole in the wall looking place (with an excellent chef) and I don't think I remember the name correctly

If you like aquariums at all, The National Aquarium is right on the harbor in Baltimore. It is really nice.

How long will you be in Bal? Overnight? Will you have a car? There are tons of other things to do, like the symphony. It depends on your time, interests and transportation.
Feb 25th, 2010, 05:04 PM
Original Poster

Thank u for the information. We will be there for 4 days. no car. I love the symphony. I would love to know the name of that restaurant that you liked
Feb 25th, 2010, 06:31 PM

i second the visionary art museum.....easy to walk to and lots of fun to visit.

Search this Thread