Toronto with kids in June

Feb 7th, 1998, 08:45 AM
Jim Tuma

Toronto with kids in June

We are planning a trip to Toronto by car from Michigan for early June with the kids (girl 9 boy 12). This is the second time with the kids - in 95 we went to the Hockey Hall of Fame, Science Center, Metro Zoo, etc. This time I'm looking for some lesser-known attractions the kids will like. I have the '97 Fodors guide, but would like additional info from travelers. Thanks in advance - Toronto is my favorite big city.

Feb 7th, 1998, 09:54 AM
Helayne

There's South Simcoe Railway where you can take an old steam engine locomotive ride for less than a mile and back. The windows are open and you pass by country animals. My kids, 6 & 8 ,loved it. The Railroad is run by volunteers who love trains! The train doesn't go anywhere except down the track and back. It's located north of Toronto in Tottenham (905) 936-5815.
You must take your kids on the ferry to Centre Island. Take a picnic and enjoy the view of Toronto from there. There's a small amusement park with rides and you can rent bicycles built for 2 and paddle boats.
Take them to Casa Loma, a castle within a city. The kids love the secret staircases. Have they been to Black Creek Pioneer Village? Gives them a look at Pioneer life.
Wonderland is well-known for its roller coasters and has a water park which may only be open on week-ends in May. Check out performances at the Young Peoples Theatre on Front St. (east of Hummingbird Centre, formerly O'Keefe) I hope that's enough to get you started. Have fun!

Search this Thread