Search

Too hot for Vegas

Search this Thread

Old Aug 5th, 1999, 10:42 AM
bill

Too hot for Vegas

I have noticed that the temps in Vegas have been 100-105 degrees! We're going next week. Is it too hot to enjoy the outdoor pools (just sitting out)?

Old Aug 5th, 1999, 01:08 PM
judy

We were at the Bellagio two weeks ago, and I noticed lots of people at the pools. I'm not a sun person, and it was very hot, but there were plenty out there in it. The Bellagio pools were not over- crowded, but I've heard that some are; the people in those hotels get out to the pool about 8:30 to get a good place. I'd suggest the shade...always wear sunscreen...

Old Aug 5th, 1999, 03:07 PM
peggy

Bill,

It's hot, but a dry heat, so feels more comfortable than the humidity of Florida.

Old Aug 6th, 1999, 05:14 AM
jr

You'll probably WANT to spend some time around the pools to cool off! But if you don't plan on getting in the water, yes it may be too hot. The only sanctuary when it's hot in Vegas is indoors or at a pool. And, might I add that comparing dry heat and humidity is like comparing apples and oranges. Having lived in So. Fla. and out West, I would liken the desert heat to what it feels like when you open the oven door and get BLASTED with the dry heat; the heat and humidity of the South is similar to a scorching sauna or steam room. Don't let anyone fool you... the desert is HOT!

Old Aug 7th, 1999, 07:24 AM
LVLarry

I agree with 'jr' 100%. I have lived in both Florida and the desert areas of the southwestern US. The 'dry heat' is chamber of commerce propaganda. It is true that 100-105 is not unbearable if it is dry but it is hot and it is very likely that you may run into 110+. If it is at all breezy than it is even worse because it is like being in a blast furnace. Jr's analogy is right on.