Today Show Summer Concert Series

Apr 27th, 2001, 07:09 AM
mk

Today Show Summer Concert Series

Has anyone been to this. We will be there next Friday when Sting is there. If anyone has, what time should we arrive to get anywhere close? If I'm going to go down to the Today show, I at least want to do it right and get up as early as I need to. Any help would be appreciated.

Apr 27th, 2001, 07:21 AM
John

Well, I would say that on an average day the people you see in the front row get there between 5:30 and 6. for big performers, maybe 5? I've never heard them say what time the earliest people arrived. Of course, Sting is a bit less popular than Ricky Martin so you probably don't need to go at 4 am!

BTW - There is a Dean and Deluca coffee shop right there so you can stay awake the whole time!

Apr 27th, 2001, 08:13 AM
sktraveler

This morning on the today show (Rod Stewart was performing) Katie and Matt mentioned that there were about 100 people there at 4:00 a.m. I personally think that Sting will have an even better draw, so you may want to show up around or earlier than 4:00! I went about 4 years ago to one of the first concerts (James Taylor). We got there early and were able to hear James' sound check, then he went around to all of the early birds and signed autographs/posed for pictures. It was DEFINITELY worth getting up for. Good luck and have lots of fun!

Apr 27th, 2001, 01:19 PM
Sal

My best friend was in town NYC and went to a Today Show concert. It might have Gloria Estafan (can't be sure), but it was a big name and she got there at 4:00 a.m. along with about 100-150 others. She said people really start streaming in around 5:00 a.m.

Aug 24th, 2009, 06:38 AM

I am taking my daughter in to the city this Friday for the Miley Cyrus show.. so should we be standing out there at like 3am or what?!? I got Fan Passes from the Today show and they say to be there by 5:45.. so I was thinking 5.. oh man! I am glad I got a hotel to stay overnight! How late should I expect to be there?
Aug 24th, 2009, 05:30 PM

Hi, I'm going to the miley cyrus on friday! I don't have fan passes. =[[ I;m going at 5:30