In June, I travelled with Norwegian sun and visited 3 port of calls(Ketchikan, Juneau and Skagway). On top of that, our ship visited 2 glaciers, namely Glacier Bay National Park and Hubbard Glacier.
Here are some tips for cruise passengers:
1. Do read the cruise itinerary carefully and know what time the cruise will be stopping in the national park. Large cruises are only allowed an hour or two in the waters of the national park. So you do not want to miss it.
2. Wake up early in the morning. I am talking about having breakfast at 6.30-7.30am to avoid the large infux of passengers going for breakfast at around 8-9am.
3. Secure an outdoor seating(find a good spot) to eat your breakfast. This is fairly important to those who stays in interior stateroom. You would want a good spot to view the glaciers and to take pictures.
4. Dress warmly even in summer. It can get quite chilly out there. Dress in layers! No need for down jacket. A good fleece jacket, t-shirts and jeans will suffice. It will be good if you have long john for the bottom half of the body.
5. If traveling with more than 4 people, please book rooms(balcony) on both side of the ship(starboard and port side). This will make viewing of cruise easier as the ship will be rotating 360degree.
6. Bring a good camera/binoculars with a good zoom. LOL. The cruise is not as close to the glaciers as i expected it to be.
For tons of pictures on glacier bay national park, do visit my blog at http://keeewei.blogspot.sg/2013/08/alaska-part-7.html
For tips on Ketchikan,
For tips on Juneau,
For tips on Skagway,
Hope this helps.
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 https://lumalifteye.com/bellaire-cream/
- 2 Pest Removal Services
- 3 Serenity CBD Oil - Increase YOur Concentration Power
- 4 Moving from philly suburbs to St. Petersburg Florida area
- 5 I'm Lee Hnetinka, What are the best places in Tampa, Florida?
- 6 Yosemite lodging ideas
- 7 Newport Beach restaurants
- 8 Ideas for 16th Birthday New York
- 9 East coast - Miami to New York including Canada
- 10 10 day California Trip in July
- 11 NY theater district restaurant
- 12 Total Eclipse of the Sun visible in USA - plan ahead for August 21, 2017
- 13 Upscale, Child Friendly NYC Restaurant?
- 14 girls trip / oregon
- 15 Vegas in February
- 16 Christmas Eve in Los Angeles
- 17 Take out for Christmas Dinner in Los Angeles
- 18 Las Vegas TR
- 19 I need help
- 20 18 Yearolds In NOLA
- 21 A Few days in Museums
- 22 Family trip - West Coast - Summer 2017
- 23 Yosemite to San Francisco?
- 24 VRBO is now charging renters a service fee--What's up?
- 25 Hawaii: Maui and Big Island questions
Tips for Cruise Passengers-Glacier Bay National Park & Hubbard Glacier