Reload this Page >

BRYCE CANYON LODGING

Search

BRYCE CANYON LODGING

Search this Thread

Old Aug 24th, 2001, 05:24 PM
jim

BRYCE CANYON LODGING

I am considering staying at the Bryce Canyon Lodge. Any opinions on what type of an accomadation to choose? Motel room, suite or cabin? What about Best Western Ruby's Inn? How does it compare?

Old Aug 24th, 2001, 11:19 PM
Tom Morse

Ruby's is great with comfortable rooms and a nice restaurant and is only a short distance to the park. The lodge is more expensive, but the restaurant was surprisingly very nice at dinner.

Old Aug 25th, 2001, 01:39 PM
Becky

If you can get a reservation and can afford it, the Lodge is worth double or more! Just to be able to walk out to the rim on whim is so cool.
Eating lunch at the Lodge and dinner elsewhere is a good penny pincher. Lunch is great!

Old Aug 27th, 2001, 07:11 AM
RB

My vote is for Bryce Lodge; you can walk to Sunrise and Sunset Points- which is especially handy when you want to see the spectacular sunrise at Sunrise Point. We have stayed in the cabins on both our '00 and '01 trips- they are log construction, somewhat rustic, but definitely in keeping with the "lodge" feel. Ruby's Best Western is located right outside the park, and has a park shuttle stop. Many tour buses stop at Ruby's, so there's a lot of coming and going there, both at the restaurant and the motel itself.

Old Aug 27th, 2001, 12:34 PM
Tony

Another vote for the lodge. We stayed in a cabin last year and it is expensive but worth it to be that close to the edge. The contrast of the quietness of the lodge to the tour bus, hullabaloo activity at Ruby's is very noticeable.
The contrast at Zion's between the lodge and Springdale is much less. Both are enjoyable in there own way at Zion's.