Reload this Page >

Timeshare Exchange to Kauai

Search

Search this Thread

Old May 4th, 2001, 02:02 PM
Murl

We are considering an Interval Timeshare exchange to Kauai in January or February 2002. Would appreciate opinions of Interval's 5* resorts...Club Intrawest, The Cliff's Club, Hanalei Bay Resort, and Marriott's Kauai Beach Club. Is there a website for this type of info for timeshare owners? Thanks!

Old May 4th, 2001, 03:05 PM
Margo

There is a website www.tug2.net. It is a timeshare user's group. They have reviews and ratings from everyday people like us. To view the reviews you have to join, but it is only $15 per year (well worth it). Would appreciate if you do join, to please list me as who recommended you. Thanks and good luck!

Old May 4th, 2001, 05:24 PM
JoAnn

Murl, Margo is right about TUG, it's a great place to get any kind of information on timesharing. I wish we had known about it before we bought 3 timeshares from developers. Now I check it out daily and get lots of wonderful information on what the resorts are like (members only) and find good places to shop, eat, things to do from people who have been there. Great bunch of people! JoAnn

Old May 6th, 2001, 04:48 PM
Murl

Margo and JoAnn: Thanks for the info about tug2.net...I will check it out. In the meantime...still wondering about those previously mentioned resorts. Thanks

Old May 6th, 2001, 06:28 PM
Observer

Margo posts the same message every time someone asks about timeshares.
She doesn't offer advice except: "list me as a referral when you visit the TUG site because I get money for it!"

Not advertising, but almost as unseemly.

Old May 7th, 2001, 05:40 AM
JoAnn

For Observer: Margo and I mention TUG whenever someone talks about timeshares for the same reason...a great place to LEARN about timeshares and all that goes with it from people who own timeshares. The money only amounts to about $3 a referal. Or we can get a free years membership, or a T shirt. So neither of us are getting rich off of TUG...just promoting a great website. In my 4 or 5 years of membership @ $3 a referal, I would have made about $45! So I am as guilty as Margo....and proud of it.

Old May 7th, 2001, 06:11 AM
margo

Thanks for explaining JoAnn (and for the record, I have only mentioned TUG on this website twice, both on 5/4) since I only found out about it (on this website) about a year ago and it was so informative I wanted to help others like us! Sorry if I offended you Observer. Murl, we have not personally stayed at any of the resorts you listed, but are exchanging for a Pahio resort in Princeville in June -may only be RCI, not Interval, but will certainly let you know what we thought when we get back, if you are interested.

Old May 7th, 2001, 07:00 AM
Libby

We just rreturned from vacation on Kauai. We loved the island and would take any trade available. We stayed at Cliffs. The units were large, lovely, well-appointed but the resort did not offer much. The Hanalei Bay looked great..the facilites on site were wonderful...beach, spectacular views pool, restaurants, etc. (I did not see a unit). Marriott is a completely different experience..big hotel, fabulous resort with all the bells and whistles, but very busy, much more crowded feeling. We preferred the North Shore Princeville location and exploring beaches, many restaurants in Hanalei. Again, you can't go wrong with Kauai. I too recommend TUG. Its a geat resource.