Times entry passes - Holocaust museum, library of Congress, national archives

Search

Search this Thread

Old Feb 27th, 2022, 06:12 AM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Flight delays interrupted the original reservations I had for these sites - any tips on how to get a last minute entrance to any of them? We are here for Sunday, Monday, and Tuesday of this week. Thanks!
Old Feb 27th, 2022, 08:36 AM

Received 17 Likes on 4 Posts
Apply again online. Some of the timed entry passes only apply for Thursday-Sunday to prevent overcrowding. Next to the Holocaust museum is the US Forest Service visitor center where you can see Smokey Bear's desk and other neat stuff.
Old Feb 27th, 2022, 02:03 PM

I would forget it about the LOC and Archives, I have never seen them give out last minute tickets and they book up early.
If you are only in DC to Tues, the LOC would be out anyway, as they aren't open except on Wed thru Sat.
You can try last minute online for the Archives they say, no harm in trying but I wouldn't count on it.

For the Holocaust, you can try morning of online also. I was there a couple months ago, I believe, and some guys just walked up about 3 pm without tickets and they let them in. I imagine that trick might work better in mid-afternoon than early morning as they have a better idea of who showed up and how busy they are. It is a bit out of the way though, so not sure you want to do that.
Old Feb 27th, 2022, 03:17 PM
Original Poster

Thanks y’all! We were walking past the Holocaust museum today so I went up to ask an employee standing outside - he very kindly gave us two open-date tickets so we will make it there tomorrow!!
Old Feb 28th, 2022, 03:37 PM

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Originally Posted by slf333
Thanks y’all! We were walking past the Holocaust museum today so I went up to ask an employee standing outside - he very kindly gave us two open-date tickets so we will make it there tomorrow!!
There are tickets available for tomorrow at the Archives. Hopefully you've already checked and have some tickets.

Nice to "see" you sf. Hope all is well.
Old Mar 1st, 2022, 05:52 AM
Original Poster

Originally Posted by obxgirl
There are tickets available for tomorrow at the Archives. Hopefully you've already checked and have some tickets.

Nice to "see" you sf. Hope all is well.
I walked up to the archives yesterday and the man at the entrance basically said my chances of getting a last minute pass were none. They don’t release them at a certain time of day, so basically you’d have to be checking all day long.

of note: he said that although they are ‘timed pass’ you can use them
anytime the day of your visit. If I had known that, I’d have gone there straight from the airport 🤦🏻‍♀️ And avoided this whole situation.