Go Back  Fodor's Travel Talk Forums > Destinations > United States
Reload this Page > Throwing Bridal Shower in Altanta - Any Suggestions???

Throwing Bridal Shower in Altanta - Any Suggestions???

Nov 3rd, 1997, 11:49 AM
Susan Chan

Throwing Bridal Shower in Altanta - Any Suggestions???

I'm trying to organize a bridal shower in Atlanta for sometime in March. We are looking fora country inn or anyplace with a nice garden for afternoon tea. Would appreciate any suggestions. Thank you.

Nov 4th, 1997, 03:31 PM
Kimberly

I have a couple of recommendations for you. The Mary Gay House in Decatur (which is considered Atlanta for all practical purposes) is a wonderful restored house with nice gardens in the back. I think it is relatively inexpensive to rent. Their # is 404-378-2162. Another place that is nice (also a restoration, but expensive) is the Swan House 404-814-4000. There is also the Lickskillet Farm(again restoration). It is located in Roswell( again considered part of Atlanta)770-475-6484. It is a restaurant that is available for special events and I think you can just rent a portion or the porch which may be nice for a garden shower.

If you need a caterer, Avalon Catering, 404-728-0770 is great. They are flexible and very reasonably priced.

Nov 10th, 1997, 06:43 AM
Susan

Thanks for your help. No one in the wedding party except the bride is from Atlanta so your suggestions are much appreciated!

Search this Thread