My partner and I have booked return flights from London to Atlanta on the 25th August returning on 15th Sept. It's now time to start working on an itinary. We both have a love of anything musical, I would love to see and experience a big football game. Would there be any rodeos or country fairs at this time of year?
As an overview we have hired a car and plan to start in the Smokey Mountains, moving on south through Nashville, Memphis, Clarksdale, Natchez, Layfyete Baton Rouge and New Orleans, we are then thinking about a few days relaxing on the coast I've read some nice things about Orange Beach, Port St Joe or Apalachicola.
Is this a bit ambitious? do people think this itinary is achievable considering the distances involved? And how many nights do you think each place requires to see the main sights.
Any advice on things to do and see and places to eat and stay would be greatfully received, we haven't booked any accomodation, would we need to pre book in the larger towns? Will there be plenty of reasonably priced motels on our route? What can we expect from the weather? Hot and humid I know but how hot and humid and is it hurricane season on the coast.
I thank you in advance for any information provided and look forward to starting to build an itinary for the holiday of a lifetime.
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 http://www.usadietplan.com/renuvaline-cream/
- 2 I'm Lee Hnetinka, What are the best places in Tampa, Florida?
- 3 Yosemite lodging ideas
- 4 Newport Beach restaurants
- 5 Ideas for 16th Birthday New York
- 6 East coast - Miami to New York including Canada
- 7 10 day California Trip in July
- 8 NY theater district restaurant
- 9 Moving from philly suburbs to St. Petersburg Florida area
- 10 Total Eclipse of the Sun visible in USA - plan ahead for August 21, 2017
- 11 Upscale, Child Friendly NYC Restaurant?
- 12 girls trip / oregon
- 13 Vegas in February
- 14 Christmas Eve in Los Angeles
- 15 Take out for Christmas Dinner in Los Angeles
- 16 Las Vegas TR
- 17 I need help
- 18 18 Yearolds In NOLA
- 19 A Few days in Museums
- 20 Family trip - West Coast - Summer 2017
- 21 Yosemite to San Francisco?
- 22 VRBO is now charging renters a service fee--What's up?
- 23 Hawaii: Maui and Big Island questions
- 24 Travel Shenanigans
- 25 Mammoth Lakes in summer