In August we will be visiting Maine for three, possibly four nights after spending several days in Connecticut with family. We were planning on spending a night in Portland, then traveling to Boothbay Harbor for the aquarium and a promised whale-watching tour. My question: should we plan on two nights in Boothbay Harbor or just a day, and instead make it one night and instead travel further north to Camden/Rockland? We fly out of Boston and I am hesitant to travel so far north that will require us a three-hour drive the day we travel home. How do Boothbay Harbor and Rockland compare? Our daughters are four and are pretty good travelers, but there are likely to be less interested in hiking.
I truly appreciate your suggestions!
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 Morning Activity No Car Downtown Poughkeepsie
- 2 Where would you go in March?
- 3 10 day California Trip in July
- 4 RV Grand Canyon
- 5 I need help
- 6 In panic, messed up car rental reservation
- 7 Halekulani Hotel-Waikiki -anyone stayed there
- 8 New York in 5 days
- 9 Newport Beach restaurants
- 10 Take out for Christmas Dinner in Los Angeles
- 11 Please help w/ 7 day itinerary for Vegas & Arizona
- 12 Christmas Eve in Los Angeles
- 13 Expedia
- 14 Italian Provisions
- 15 Family Trip July 2018 Idaho to GNP
- 16 girls trip / oregon
- 17 Total Eclipse of the Sun visible in USA - plan ahead for August 21, 2017
- 18 Need Help BAD! San Fran, Yosemite, Castiloga-Where else?
- 19 Vacations in New Orleans
- 20 4 days in Miami
- 21 Los Angeles for Christmas
- 22 Ideas for 16th Birthday New York
- 23 Las Vegas TR
- 24 Moving from philly suburbs to St. Petersburg Florida area
- 25 Yosemite lodging ideas
Three nights in Maine with kids- how long in Portland/Rockland?