Thistle Royal Horseguards Hotel

Old Jan 18th, 2004, 02:30 PM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Thistle Royal Horseguards Hotel

Sorry, in my last posting I didn't give the full name of the hotel. It's the Thistle Royal Horseguards Hotel. The same questions apply. Thanks.
Old Jan 18th, 2004, 03:29 PM

You'd get a better reply by posting to the Europe (not US) board.
Old Jan 18th, 2004, 04:58 PM

In addition to posting in the correct forum, if you want to add on to a post in the future, reply to your previous message. Otherwise, the posts will not stay associated with one another.

You may also want to do a search on the Europe forum for this hotel as it has been previously discussed many times. Good luck.
Old Jan 18th, 2004, 05:22 PM
Original Poster

Oops. Realized my mistake after the fact. Thanks. I'm a new Fedorite, so please bear with me. I have now posted it on the Europe forum and will search that form for info.
Old Jan 18th, 2004, 05:23 PM

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts
Judy, the previous two posters are quite right about the wrong forum, however I stayed at the Royal Horseguards for three days just before Christmas, so I'll help you out as much as I can. The hotel is great! The rooms are quite big and very clean and comfortable. The bathrooms are really nice and the showers (separate from the tub) are fabulous! Everyone there was very nice and helpful. The restaurant in the hotel is very good, though expensive. We ate breakfast, which came with our room rate, and dinner on two occasions.

The hotel is about one block from the Embankment tube station - very convenient. It's not terribly close to Piccadilly Circus, but is close to Trafalgar Square. It's right across the river from the London Eye, which I think is terribly overrated. Nice, but overrated.

If you post on the Europe board, you'll probably get more opinions. Have a great trip.
Old Jan 20th, 2004, 09:09 AM
jasper

the royal horseguards is very nice. you don't have to worry. it's right on the thames, most everything is outside your door step. you couldn't ask for a better location. the rooms were very nice, and i remember the bathroom had a heated towel bar, and one of the best showers i have ever been in! all of these crazy jets (like a jacuzzi) all over the shower! the staff was o.k, we were with a tour, so i don't know what we paid or anything. enjoy!