Help!!!!!Help!!!!!!!!Help!!!!!!!!

Search

Search this Thread

Old Feb 18th, 2001, 04:09 AM
Helen Williamson

Hi,
Can anyone help me. I am arranging a surprise birthday trip for my husband to new york on the 29th December for 4 nights. I am having trouble selecting a hotel, there are too many !
I am trying to decide between plaza athenee, st regis, new york palace, penisula, pierre. Can anybody offer any guidance to these hotels ?
Finally, what to do on new years eve ???
Thanks
Helen

Old Feb 18th, 2001, 05:21 AM
howard

If the selection of a hotel is to be from the list you included, you can't go wrong! Pick any one of them!
And, using those choices as a guideline, you apparently are willing to spend bill bucks for this surprise. If that is the case, you'll find plenty of big parties in hotel ballrooms (cost of several hundred $$$ per person and up).

Old Feb 18th, 2001, 05:22 AM
howard

P.S.: If you like opera, the Metropolitan Opera always has a big gala on New Year's Eve.

Old Feb 18th, 2001, 06:35 AM
Ellen

Hi, I agree with Howard. All of those hotels are wonderful. Other suggestions for New Years Eve: if you are a runner, the New York Road Runners Club has a costumed midnight run in Central Park at midnight, the restaurants at the South Street Seaport will provide a view of the fireworks, as will any of the dinner cruises, and sometimes there are special concerts at Madison Square Garden or the Beacon Theater for New Years.

Old Feb 18th, 2001, 12:07 PM
Patrick

I have only stayed in the Peninsula and the Palace of those you mention. I would omit the Palace first. Although nice, it's more of a large generic luxury hotel than the others. I would personally choose the St. Regis if price were not an option, but the Peninsula was wonderful also. The Plaza Athenee is a little out of the way for my taste. The Pierre, I've been told can have a wide range in quality and size of rooms, no duds, but a little less guaranteed than some of the others I'd believe.

Old Feb 18th, 2001, 12:13 PM
Jack

Four Seasons or the St. Regis.
The best NYC has to offer, good locations, great rooms, service, etc, everything you could want.