Go Back  Fodor's Travel Talk Forums > Destinations > United States
Reload this Page >

There's gotta be good restaurants in Sedona?

Search

Search this Thread

Old Oct 24th, 2007, 03:59 AM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I am off on my trip this weekend to Sedona. After searching the boards I am not coming up with much about "must try" restaurants in Sedona. I hope to have lunch at Enchantment Resort and lunch in Jerome one day.

Any great breakfast place? What about authentic Mexican food? I don't need fancy dining but when I travel I love to explore local restaurants recommended by Fodorites . I appreciate any suggestions (in Oak Creek area also)!
Old Oct 24th, 2007, 06:22 AM

We ate a great breakfast at the Coffee Pot diner (or something along those words). Right in front of Coffee Pot Rock. Home of 100 omelettes.
Old Oct 24th, 2007, 06:40 AM

The Haunted Hamburger in Jerome is pretty good. The views on the back deck are pretty spectacular.
Old Oct 24th, 2007, 07:17 AM

You won't find much "authentic" Mexican food in Sedona, but we usually eat at the Javelina Cantina. Pretty good margaritas. I've never eaten at El Rincon in Tlaquepaque, but it gets OK reviews. I find most everything in Tlaquepaque is pretty touristy. Well, that's true of everything in Sedona, I guess.
We live in Phx and get to Sedona several times a year. Shugrue's is one of our favorites, in the same complex as Javalina Cantina. Have also eaten at Rene in Tlaquepaque, very good.
Mostly I like to make sure that I am eating somewhere with a great view. The food always tastes better when you are looking out over the red rocks. Both Shugrue's and Javalina Cantina have that. Views from the Enchantment will be good. No views from anything in Tlaquepaque.
If you can get a reservation at Garland's lodge for dinner, try it. It is a B&B in Oak Creek that will sometimes have extra space for diner's-only. Grow much of their own stuff and very peaceful in the canyon.
Since I live in Phx, I don't usually do breakfast in Sedona, but have eaten at Coffee Pot restaurant and thought it was pretty icky. I'd head to the airport for a cleaner, better breakfast in a diner-type atmosphere.
Old Oct 24th, 2007, 07:23 AM

We had a good meal at Tara Thai, and we ate at another Thai restaurant that was less "pulled together."

Some of the restaurants in Sedona have more attitude than is warranted. Tara Thai isn't one of them.
Old Oct 24th, 2007, 04:02 PM
Original Poster

Thanks everyone who posted. It seems so strange to me that there is not much to say about the dining in Sedona. No matter where I have travelled using the advise from these boards, I always have places that I can't wait to try and don't want to miss. I guess we will go where the views are special.
Old Oct 24th, 2007, 04:07 PM

That's the thing about Sedona--the views. It's just not a foodie town.
Old Oct 24th, 2007, 04:15 PM
P_M

Another vote for the Coffee Pot. I ate there every day and never got tired of it.
Old Oct 24th, 2007, 06:25 PM

What's that popular pizza place? Is it Picasso Pizza or something like that? We enjoyed the food there very much.
Old Oct 24th, 2007, 07:57 PM

We had a good American meal at Judy's. It is near the Best Western Inn of Sedona. Well, that's where it WAS.
Old Oct 25th, 2007, 05:11 AM

I thought of another place that we did not try but the views were great -- the restaurant on top of Airport Mesa. They have a website or it may be part of the airport website. We did go to the Red Planet Diner. The food was pretty good & reasonably priced. Typical diner stuff.
Old Oct 25th, 2007, 05:15 AM

I had great sushi at a place called recommended by a transplant-Sedonan from San Francisco.
Minami
6586 Hwy 179